Author Topic: RRT coming out red  (Read 1556 times)

2018-01-08, 20:06:45

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,
We are getting Red renders for bakes in areas where there are textures, I am assuming this is a networking issue, but if it's not or someone knows a fix, could you let me know what that fix is?
It happens sort of randomly. The machines were double checked for licences. I can only guess that they are lacking access  or permissions
Thanks ahead of time
Mike K

Examples attached

2018-01-09, 10:09:17
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You mean render to texture, right? (RTT)
Are you using distributed rendering too?
Or just the assets are stored on the network?

I am afraid we will need more details to understand the issue.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-09, 14:36:41
Reply #2

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The way we work is we have scripted all of the RRT baking functions so it unwraps and sends out the models in a Max file to bake.
Standard RRT baking.
This then gets sent out to Deadline as a Max file for each model that was in the Max file.
The files render on our farm. The texture maps are stored on the network.

Everything seems to be working okay on most of out bakes, but some times we get red renders on surfaces like in the attached image in the original post.

The only thing that's common about those red renders is that there is always a texture on the surfaces, surfaces without textures always render fine.

I am trying to confirm that that's what happens when a texture is missing or not loading into Max / Corona when baking, that the surface renders red.

If that's the case then I can start checking permissions on the machines that red rendered. Unfortunately it seems the permissions should be okay and that something random is happening,
most likely with our network, but maybe Corona.

2018-01-10, 11:31:02
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Could you take any scene with "red" textures like this, open it in Max, and see if the textures are loaded as they should?

Generally in Corona if there is a missing texture, it should render red, but there should also be a kind of white text overlay saying "missing texture" or similar.
What kind of materials are those? Maybe some kind of material or map plugin is missing on some computers?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-10, 14:47:05
Reply #4

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will do that, I thought that might be the issue as well, thanks for confirming. I am testing  including the textures in the same folder as the model and a changing the material setups too,
 will let you know.