Author Topic: An Off Topic- How is this done?  (Read 3665 times)

2017-12-06, 16:52:33

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
http://visualizer.cosentino.com/#/detail/14/2/1/0/0

I think it is done with the webiste.?

But am I right is saying all the images or rendered and then loaded by the browser?

Thank you.

phil
Dell Precision T7910

2017-12-07, 04:02:37
Reply #1

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
..I think the rendered images are simply already in the database and loaded by the browser. I see it changes the whole image, not the tiles only.
but I'm just guessing :) because i know nothing about xhtml, webGL, or something similar

2017-12-07, 08:22:13
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I had a client not so long ago that did a very similar thing... We had to render crops, lots of cropped images. Like seriously, a lot of cropped images.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-12-11, 09:41:15
Reply #3

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
That’s what I thought.
Did you loose money in it?
Did price per image?
Dell Precision T7910

2017-12-11, 11:10:47
Reply #4

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
That’s what I thought.
Did you loose money in it?
Did price per image?

Well what we did was fairly small all things considered but it was still a ton of crops. The best advice I can give you is to PLAN AHEAD  and to price a little extra (i.e its going to last longer than you might think, especially if its a new client).

Just take the time and plan out how you are going to organize everything and more importantly automate it. Otherwise you'll be sitting behind your PC hitting render every 15 minutes. Sometimes I couldn't avoid that but for the most part I automated it using C4D takes. I suppose I could have used "render selected" as well...

One super important thing that I learned was to get the stuff approved... Even if it takes a while. What you really don't want is to render 100 crops and then you realize something is off with regards to the interior design because you'll just end up re-rendering everything.

In the end I didn't loose money, at least I didn't feel like I did. Its a different story if they'll also need you to put all of these together in a stitches version in PS / AP - I reckon that might be super tedious.

Because it was a relatively quick project I priced it according to what I thought it was going to take and then multiplied it by 1.5x . It worked out well for me but it probably won't for you because it depends on the quality / resolution and whatever. Just really think about it and assume its not going to go perfectly smooth.

I hope someone else can give you more info that I did. :)

2017-12-11, 12:35:23
Reply #5

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you .
I love the part." In the end I didn't loose money, at least I didn't feel like I did."

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2017-12-12, 08:15:04
Reply #6

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I like that too, lol :) It was an in between project I took so I didn't really pay attention. I bought some nice stuff with the money so it was a + :)

2017-12-12, 16:13:18
Reply #7

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
In relation to this again.
Client may want use on site,.as in walk in take out the ipad or Android tablet, pull up all the options of furniture and see them real time in room.
like the ikea app. The Ikea one dose not have great rendering capabilities. There may be different options, along the bottom say and click and place an option, change colours, etc.

How would that be done?
I think expensive....but if  there is a piece of software out there already that would be great.

Thank you again.

Phil

Dell Precision T7910

2017-12-12, 23:06:00
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
- Colimo
- Colorway
- or manually multipasses/cryptomatte to composite, make player in browser

other soft that can also be exploited for making web based 2D configurator/compositor
- blend4web (blender addon)
- armory (blender addon)
- unreal
- unity