Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 129697 times)

2018-04-26, 11:19:12
Reply #465

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi devs, If possible can you make corona do cancel render instead of just show a warning (and let the render run) when user mistakenly do render selected with DR. Something like "Render cannot be continued because currently DR doesnt support render selected" would be better than current message warning, because continue DR with unsupported feature will never bring any benefit but a broken image.
Unless, if you already have a plan for DR to support render selected or region or something similar :)
thanks

And one more thing, about render history,
Can you make blue "x" button undoable (in each snapshot in VFB render history)? Or a query box would be good too.
It was hurt .. really hurt .. when i accidentally clicked that button right when i need to click the "resume from snapShot" button (i need to load that snapshot image to vfb). btw, i store many render image in render history and then i lose all stored image when i open the scene again and open vfb.. Can you confirm this issue? if yes, i'll create a bug report. or do i need to set some setting first?

2018-04-26, 19:12:33
Reply #466

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Quote from: Ryuu
Added an option to use 3D-mapped textures for absorption, scattering and emission to CoronaVolumeMtl

You guys must be somehow peaking into my task list for my short film. I was just starting to contemplate in which other software to produce good looking clouds, and then wondering how to get them reflected in my surfaces in my Corona render. Now, I might be able to get the look I want all in Corona.

Question: are we able to mix between 3D mapped textures based on the internal distance to a polygon? For example, I want the outer part of my cloud to be wispy, but the deeper you go inside the cloud, it becomes homogeneous.

2018-04-26, 19:32:38
Reply #467

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Quote from: Ryuu
Added an option to use 3D-mapped textures for absorption, scattering and emission to CoronaVolumeMtl

You guys must be somehow peaking into my task list for my short film. I was just starting to contemplate in which other software to produce good looking clouds, and then wondering how to get them reflected in my surfaces in my Corona render. Now, I might be able to get the look I want all in Corona.

Question: are we able to mix between 3D mapped textures based on the internal distance to a polygon? For example, I want the outer part of my cloud to be wispy, but the deeper you go inside the cloud, it becomes homogeneous.

That's actually how the example on that picture was made. There's an invisible plane at the top of the cloud box (made non renderable) which is picked in a CoronaDistance, so that it creates 3D gradient from the top to the bottom of the box. Then, Noise 3D texture goes into the distant far slot of the CoronaDistance map, and black color goes into the near color slot. Result of these maps is the compressed/clamped using output map to create that result. It renders quite slowly though, as 3ds Max procedurals are super slow in 3D space.

2018-04-26, 19:41:35
Reply #468

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It renders quite slowly though, as 3ds Max procedurals are super slow in 3D space.

Do you know if 3rd party procedurals (Bercon noise, Siger noise) would be faster?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-04-26, 20:17:22
Reply #469

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some voronoi/worley noise modes are slower to calculate than perlin so probably slower in some cases and same speed at best I guess.

2018-04-26, 20:58:57
Reply #470

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
That's actually how the example on that picture was made. There's an invisible plane at the top of the cloud box (made non renderable) which is picked in a CoronaDistance, so that it creates 3D gradient from the top to the bottom of the box. Then, Noise 3D texture goes into the distant far slot of the CoronaDistance map, and black color goes into the near color slot. Result of these maps is the compressed/clamped using output map to create that result. It renders quite slowly though, as 3ds Max procedurals are super slow in 3D space.

Ahh, perfect, thanks for the clarification!

2018-04-27, 05:59:13
Reply #471

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
did you change your mind about supporting Vray proxy? Vray proxy compatibility tab was disappeared in Crn roadmap

2018-04-27, 08:30:06
Reply #472

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have a problem with rendering scene created with Corona 1.7. I've reported about this issue earlier. Now I found out that the problem is certain material. You can find the scene with it in attachment (bitmaps are random).
This material can be rendered with Corona 1.7 normally. Corona 2.x dailies can't render it, result is Max crashing

2018-04-30, 08:46:32
Reply #473

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona 1.7 with hotfixes can't render proxies created with dailies after 20.12.17. Next date when I created proxy was 11.02.18, so something changed within this period
« Last Edit: 2018-04-30, 08:56:49 by Bormax »

2018-04-30, 09:09:03
Reply #474

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Recently with a couple of updates, my Forest Pack is crashing and it's never has been crashing before like that.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2018-04-30, 10:13:51
Reply #475

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Corona 1.7 with hotfixes can't render proxies created with dailies after 20.12.17. Next date when I created proxy was 11.02.18, so something changed within this period

Generally we don't guarantee this level of compatibility. If you create any scene or asset in a newer version of Corona, then it is a bonus if it works in the older version as well, not a rule. It should work the other way (loading scenes/assets from older versions into newer versions) most of the time, but sometimes we throw away some backwards compatibility (usually regarding some ancient versions) handling to make the codebase overally cleaner.

Recently with a couple of updates, my Forest Pack is crashing and it's never has been crashing before like that.

• Did you update Corona or Forest Pack or both?
  • Where's the minidump? :)
  • Stay tuned, I'll unleash our QA guy on you ;)

2018-05-03, 13:21:57
Reply #476

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX

Generally we don't guarantee this level of compatibility. If you create any scene or asset in a newer version of Corona, then it is a bonus if it works in the older version as well, not a rule. It should work the other way (loading scenes/assets from older versions into newer versions) most of the time, but sometimes we throw away some backwards compatibility (usually regarding some ancient versions) handling to make the codebase overally cleaner.

• Did you update Corona or Forest Pack or both?
  • Where's the minidump? :)
  • Stay tuned, I'll unleash our QA guy on you ;)

Hi @Ryuu.
I forgot to save the minidump but I'm sure in few days I'll get another crash. These things happened randomly and I can't find what caused them. I don't think is the scene as Is not that big around 40mil. veg. objects.
To your questions":
- No, FP is not up-to-date but I'll update it today and try to crash it.

Regards
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2018-05-03, 16:02:34
Reply #477

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
New Development Insights video with some playing around and testing of the "Inside Volume" mode of the CoronaVolume:

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-05-03, 16:31:11
Reply #478

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where do I send the flowers? :D

MANY THANKS!

2018-05-03, 16:59:11
Reply #479

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If exist possibility to make in future option or button for each light to selecting lights in scene directly via LightMix menu in VFB//