Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 130501 times)

2018-04-06, 05:44:12
Reply #435

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Why does Interactive rendering VFB uses the previous render resolution ?
Render one frame at 3000x2000, cancel it, change the resolution to something lower and interactive rendering will use the previous settings 3000x2000 ?
Cancel render, start again and it will change.

2018-04-06, 20:58:24
Reply #436

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have one strange question, are you cooperating with "Epic games"?

It looks like the 3ds MAX to UE4 converter is now suporting all of corona stuf inc cameras lights etc from latest DB X_X tho there is quet a mess with materials all of reflections messed up and stuf. If they are trying to make the converter by them selves may be the requere some asistance?
« Last Edit: 2018-04-06, 21:02:46 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-04-06, 22:31:13
Reply #437

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys/
I have question about /Render Hidden/ behavior option in 3dmax and Corona/-
If present chance to make hiding and unhiding geometry in viewport don't affecting refreshing IR in VFB with /Render Hidden/ checkbox ON ?!
Because in this way it is much more convenient to work with heavy
scenes and modeling on the fly in interiors:)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-06, 22:36:52 by denisgo22 »

2018-04-07, 01:45:57
Reply #438

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys/
I have question about /Render Hidden/ behavior option in 3dmax and Corona/-
If present chance to make hiding and unhiding geometry in viewport don't affecting refreshing IR in VFB with /Render Hidden/ checkbox ON ?!
Because in this way it is much more convenient to work with heavy
scenes and modeling on the fly in interiors:)

+1

2018-04-09, 22:26:16
Reply #439

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I haven't tried the daily build from the weekend yet, but I'm wondering if this line now means that the skin material can now be properly rebuilt from AOV's now without any left over data or the need for a new AOV?

Quote from: Ryuu
Albedo, SourceColor, and RawComponent elements now properly display shading from Corona Skin Material

2018-04-10, 01:08:37
Reply #440

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys:)
If exist chance to make option or button in VFB to apply tone mapping from Corona VFB to Corona Camera tone mapping, /or option in Corona Camera loading for Tone Mapping  -/.conf/-  file from VFB//
for fast and more comfortable work with IR, because changing tone mapping in Camera causes constantly refreshing IR, unlike in VFB/
For fast work with several Cameras in scene and searching needed settings for each camera, may be much conveniently at first work with VFB
 and then apply the required Tone Mapping to required camera in scene//
« Last Edit: 2018-04-10, 01:14:17 by denisgo22 »

2018-04-10, 06:08:52
Reply #441

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys:)
If exist chance to make option or button in VFB to apply tone mapping from Corona VFB to Corona Camera tone mapping, /or option in Corona Camera loading for Tone Mapping  -/.conf/-  file from VFB//
for fast and more comfortable work with IR, because changing tone mapping in Camera causes constantly refreshing IR, unlike in VFB/
For fast work with several Cameras in scene and searching needed settings for each camera, may be much conveniently at first work with VFB
 and then apply the required Tone Mapping to required camera in scene//

+1
Actually asked about the same some time ago
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=10944.60    :)

2018-04-10, 06:17:18
Reply #442

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
i dont know if i really get it, but i never experience IR refreshing/restarting when i change toneMapping in CoronaCam (dailyBuild 8 mar 18). or do you guys talk about another similar thing?

2018-04-10, 11:26:36
Reply #443

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i formatted my pc (as i needed to) and totally fresh install of corona and still getting those weird characters in the corona toolbar

2018-04-10, 13:50:57
Reply #444

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
i formatted my pc (as i needed to) and totally fresh install of corona and still getting those weird characters in the corona toolbar
please, to fix it try the second solution from https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000042151-the-corona-official-toolbar-is-not-working-correctly-
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-04-10, 14:17:12
Reply #445

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I haven't tried the daily build from the weekend yet, but I'm wondering if this line now means that the skin material can now be properly rebuilt from AOV's now without any left over data or the need for a new AOV?

Quote from: Ryuu
Albedo, SourceColor, and RawComponent elements now properly display shading from Corona Skin Material
yes, it should be now buildable using BEAUTY = sum_per_elements(sourceColor*rawComponent) + emission + volumetrics = sum(CESSENTIAL_*)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-04-10, 17:13:49
Reply #446

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i dont know if i really get it, but i never experience IR refreshing/restarting when i change toneMapping in CoronaCam (dailyBuild 8 mar 18). or do you guys talk about another similar thing?

You are right, with Corona cam IR doesn't refresh. But I was writing about possibility to bake new settings to Corona cam after the render stopped

I think would be good to have the button with the name something like "Bake current VFB setting to the selected camera". Pressing this button you create CoronaCamera modifier with current settings from the VFB and ticked Overrides. With this it's possible to play with VFB tools after render has been stopped, or with image from the History and apply this settings to the camera. To make the work with cameras with ticked overrides in their CoronaCameraMods more comfortable would be good also to have button or maybe checkbox "Ignore CoronaCameraMod's overrides" which give you possibility to change settings in VFB tools and bake the new ones by pressing "Bake current VFB setting to the selected camera" button with no need to start IR and change settings inside CoronaCameraMod

That time Corona camera was not implemented, so I wrote about CoronaCam modifier. Now settings from VFB could be baked directly to the Corona camera

2018-04-10, 18:09:08
Reply #447

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, not refreshing, is my mistake.but in any case, I believe that this is a rather necessary addition, instead of entering values of Tone Mapping manually in each camera/
also during Production Rendering mode, it is still impossible to change the values of Tone mapping in the camera "on the fly", only via VFB :)

2018-04-10, 18:10:47
Reply #448

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Yes, not refreshing, is my mistake.but in any case, I believe that this is a rather necessary addition, instead of entering values of Tone Mapping manually in each camera/
also during Production Rendering mode, it is still impossible to change the values of Tone mapping in the camera "on the fly", only via VFB :)

Ooh look another opportunity for me to say "we desperately want live-link VFB>CoronaCamera". I think there are a whole bunch of threads about this already though...

:)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-04-10, 22:09:30
Reply #449

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
yes, it should be now buildable using BEAUTY = sum_per_elements(sourceColor*rawComponent) + emission + volumetrics = sum(CESSENTIAL_*)

Perfect! This was one of my top 4 bugs/feature requests, as now I can render skin materials for my animated short film and now be able to comp them properly, thanks very much!