Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 133720 times)

2018-06-15, 11:33:15
Reply #645

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I've downloaded material library files together with RC1 and put in the installation folder. Now, both RC2 and RC3 uninstalls material library and reinstalls it from local file. Is this correct behaviour?
Yeah, I think so. Anyway, one more material library update is incoming... :)

I know there wasn't any mention of changes to any image/ray sampling in rc3, but I rendered another test anyway to compare it against 1.7.4. Both images rendered in around the same time (51 mintues vs. 50 minutes), and both reported a noise target of 10% with the new light solver on. The rc3 release is significantly more noisy.

The image has been zoomed in to 340%
Are you using global fog or some other kind of volumetric effect here?

Yes, in this particular render I am using a volume shader on an enclosed box.
In such case I am afraid it is a side effect of updating the way volumes are handled in v2. It should be however possible to get the same (/similar) quality by adjusting render settings - I would try experimenting with higher/lower GIvsAA and see what produces less noise in given time.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-06-15, 15:39:50
Reply #646

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With RC3 IR refreshes for me when simply accessing a material used in the scene (with no parameter change, just accessing/browsing the material tree in Classic MatEd).

2018-06-15, 17:53:59
Reply #647

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I know there wasn't any mention of changes to any image/ray sampling in rc3, but I rendered another test anyway to compare it against 1.7.4. Both images rendered in around the same time (51 mintues vs. 50 minutes), and both reported a noise target of 10% with the new light solver on. The rc3 release is significantly more noisy.

The image has been zoomed in to 340%
Are you using global fog or some other kind of volumetric effect here?

Yes, in this particular render I am using a volume shader on an enclosed box.
In such case I am afraid it is a side effect of updating the way volumes are handled in v2. It should be however possible to get the same (/similar) quality by adjusting render settings - I would try experimenting with higher/lower GIvsAA and see what produces less noise in given time.
I know that the new 'inside' mode is now rendering true volumetrics and is slower, but the 2rc3 render had 'inside' mode turned off. Are you saying that the original mode has also been changed? Is there any drawback from using the code from the original mode from 1.7.4 and the code of the 'inside' mode from 2rc3?

[Edit:]
It's unlikely that I will want to adjust GIvsAA too much given the fact that eventually all of this will have motion blur because it's all being rendered as an animation.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-15, 18:22:40 by Njen »

2018-06-15, 22:13:21
Reply #648

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
With RC3 IR refreshes for me when simply accessing a material used in the scene (with no parameter change, just accessing/browsing the material tree in Classic MatEd).

Thanks, pushing the fix to code review right now

2018-06-16, 11:47:12
Reply #649

babak2127

• Users
    • View Profile
Please fix this , its so annoying!
Code: [Select]
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19163.0

2018-06-18, 15:17:06
Reply #650

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Please fix this , its so annoying!
Code: [Select]
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19163.0

I think it is so by design, It look like old fake method of making green edges of the glass back in vray 2.4 when you used slightly greenish glass material and solid white glass material with different IDs on the object. If you want it to work you should prepare proper geometry like maru showed in the topic you have linked.

By the way, it NEVER had worked that way in corona since the very begining because it is just simply illogical it does not work that way in real life. If you want different volume behaviour for objects than it should be different volume.

Option 1 - Use mask for the object for different SSS values

Option 2 - Make separation inside the mesh like you would make for bottle with water

UPD - I have added images to be more acurate. It works properly when it is done properly. (Fig1 and Fig2)
« Last Edit: 2018-06-19, 09:19:19 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-06-21, 22:35:14
Reply #651

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
ok, here is a thing, actually we have faced this problem before aswell (in 1.7) and now in daily with different scenarios and different scenes.

We extensively use forestpack plug in from itoo software, and when we render, everything is fine, but as soon as we enable distributed render (not always, for example we did a batch render for around 10 shots, and only some of them had the problem) the forest objects are transparent. We thought it was an license issue, but forestpack actually doesnt require license for DR machines, but still we tried on the main computers which has their license active, but still, it sometimes occur, sometimes doesnt. We hoped it would be fixed in dailies, but still happening. So is there any ideas? And weird thing is, we see this a lot, but couldt find anyone asking for it.

Any ideas?
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2018-06-22, 07:06:19
Reply #652

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile

Thanks, pushing the fix to code review right now

Unfortunately this problem is a bit more complex and we won't be able to fix this in v2 after all. This part of 3ds Max interaction is like a leaky bucket where plugging one hole makes the bucket leak from another two. We have more complex solution planned for v3.

2018-06-22, 10:13:48
Reply #653

SmurfN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, here is a thing, actually we have faced this problem before aswell (in 1.7) and now in daily with different scenarios and different scenes.

We extensively use forestpack plug in from itoo software, and when we render, everything is fine, but as soon as we enable distributed render (not always, for example we did a batch render for around 10 shots, and only some of them had the problem) the forest objects are transparent. We thought it was an license issue, but forestpack actually doesnt require license for DR machines, but still we tried on the main computers which has their license active, but still, it sometimes occur, sometimes doesnt. We hoped it would be fixed in dailies, but still happening. So is there any ideas? And weird thing is, we see this a lot, but couldt find anyone asking for it.

Any ideas?

Sounds like render nodes doesn't find the textures too me. Thats why you see transparent textures, master pc and maybe some nodes find the texture but others don't. network issue.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-22, 10:22:47 by SmurfN »

2018-06-22, 13:53:37
Reply #654

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
@SmurfN seems logical, but all of the assets are on the NAS server, and also, it only happens to the forestpack stuff, nothing else. And also it doesnt happen to all of the cameras, sometimes none, sometimes all of them, I mean I couldnt even find the pattern.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-22, 14:00:39 by hkezer »

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2018-06-22, 15:07:33
Reply #655

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Maybe you should better start a thread in "I need help"? Anyway, this comes to my mind:
  • Basic questions: Every node has the same Forest version installed? And it is somewhat up to date?
  • If it would be caused missing assets it's more likely that forest objects get more dense and not transparent because of missing opacity maps :)
  • Looks more like the forest plugin does not creates ojects on the DR slave so the effect of transparency is the result
  • Do you use any visibility restrictions ("Camera" rollout of forest object(s))?
There has to be some pattern :) But I have the feeling Corona is innocent and this belongs more into the itoo forum.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-06-22, 20:41:05
Reply #656

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
you might be right, ill see what they can offer, thanks

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2018-06-23, 06:17:09
Reply #657

BVVV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3DS MAX crash when use lightmix:
set up lightmix>bake to scene>Render setup>Render Elements>turn off active>Press Render>CRASH

turn off elements active or delet all lightmix>start IPR>VFB shows no lightmix>stop IPR>Press render>no crash

Is this a VFB bug or lightmix bug?

2018-06-23, 14:07:20
Reply #658

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Problem With intersecting volume grid's.
Corona
------------

-----------------------------------
===================
Vray

--------------------------

------------------------------
------------------------------
Same with additional using of Corona volume material///

-----------------------------
 If exist possibility to removing this bug in new Corona release?
« Last Edit: 2018-06-23, 14:23:59 by denisgo22 »

2018-06-23, 14:47:48
Reply #659

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, apparently there are some limitations with volumes in v2, and some are pretty much negating the use of volumes all together. Let's hope these can be fixed soon after the release of v2.