Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 129696 times)

2018-05-14, 17:51:33
Reply #510

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
This "automatic" way of excluding from override is definitely welcome, but a simple selection-set/list system would be ideal as well I think.
ahem, list is there for few years now ;)

I meant for materials, not objects :) As in, you could exclude any materials in a list, such as "glass" "frosted_glass" etc.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-05-14, 17:57:52
Reply #511

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
oh ;) we will include that if we find a way to make UI for it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-05-14, 18:06:39
Reply #512

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
oh ;) we will include that if we find a way to make UI for it

Cool, it would probably be the most robust approach to this. The auto/check-box system is bound to exclude certain things you don't want to, at some point.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-05-15, 03:59:36
Reply #513

Dan Rodgers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
any chance we could get the brackets on CoronaCamera to show the extents of the depth of field, similar to the Max physical camera?  Its the one feature that I am missing a lot from switching to corona camera.

2018-05-15, 10:59:28
Reply #514

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If material has show shaded material in viewport enabled and CoronaMix plugged into diffuse, then every operation with that material takes very long to update (up to 10 s) and freezes 3ds max. Native composite map shows itself much better in this regard (~1 s to update). I'm on the latest build, can't say that i noticed it to be such severe issue in earlier versions.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-05-15, 13:11:59
Reply #515

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it might have been caused by the texture loading fix, we will investigate
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-05-15, 23:33:48
Reply #516

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, has anything changed about the denoiser in the daily builds?  I just jumped to a recent daily from 1.7 HF2 and it almost seems that the denoiser is a little different in its behavior.  If I had to describe it it'd be a little more blurry\blotchy at high levels (above .650).  Like so many things, could be user error or my imagination...or scene dependent, this is a tough one.

2018-05-16, 01:11:30
Reply #517

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How do you override by glass material?  Meaning, how does corona know what is a glass material?  Do you need to name the material "glass"?  I haver a scene where the glass is part of a multi sub material and i cant get it to work.

Also, for the multimap update, how does this work exactly?  If I have a tree with a multi sub material where material 1 is the leaf, material 2 for twigs and material 3 for bark, does this allow for a coronamultimap sub material applied to material 1 to be randomized now?  If so how?  I have tried without any luck.
"Multimap can now be created with just one map allowing to apply hue randomization and other options to just a single map"
« Last Edit: 2018-05-16, 01:16:32 by shortcirkuit »

2018-05-16, 10:19:57
Reply #518

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
How do you override by glass material?  Meaning, how does corona know what is a glass material?  Do you need to name the material "glass"?  I haver a scene where the glass is part of a multi sub material and i cant get it to work.

Also, for the multimap update, how does this work exactly?  If I have a tree with a multi sub material where material 1 is the leaf, material 2 for twigs and material 3 for bark, does this allow for a coronamultimap sub material applied to material 1 to be randomized now?  If so how?  I have tried without any luck.
"Multimap can now be created with just one map allowing to apply hue randomization and other options to just a single map"

I think it works like in UE4 it identifies materials with refraction enabled. As for the multisub i think it is the way it workrs (may be) it excludes by object not by material, i mean for example you have 2 objects in scene one with simple glass material other with multisub mtl with same glass for ID2 for example. The first will be excluded second will not because it cant exclude separate parts of object attached to one mesh. Atleast i think it should work so.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-16, 10:26:01 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-05-17, 09:05:10
Reply #519

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Maybe already reported but, when i create a CoronaCam from view the "targeted" checkbox is checked but the camera is without a target. I need to uncheck and check the targeted checkbox to get my target again. (running latest build)

2018-05-17, 11:56:31
Reply #520

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
So I decided to test the noise in the latest daily build, and found I'm getting way more noise than the 1.7.2 release.

This scene is lit by a 1k env map, a 'sun' light (shining behind the surfaces in the images and a few small lights off camera which don't really add much illumination to the scene.

I cropped in to a small area, and I found that the 14 minute 4% noise render produced in 1.7.2 has a similar quality level to the latest daily 30 minute 7.5% noise render. Both using the new light solver. I understand that the different builds may display noise differently, but it's hard to not notice that time-wise, it took over twice as long in the latest daily to get something as good as 1.7.2.

So unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm looking at doubling my rendertimes for the new 2.0 release?
« Last Edit: 2018-05-17, 12:01:04 by Njen »

2018-05-17, 12:00:39
Reply #521

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Found a Bug in the 2018-05-17 Daily Build. Already uploaded in the private uploader.

Bug is that Corona canĀ“t render the preview of a material with two fallof and one mix map in the Difuse material.

Bye

2018-05-17, 16:25:06
Reply #522

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys... when could we see this important feature "Multimap - randomization by mesh elements"?
Please... do this asap ))
thanks

2018-05-17, 17:57:57
Reply #523

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys... when could we see this important feature "Multimap - randomization by mesh elements"?
Please... do this asap ))
thanks

Man this would be so helpful on the project I'm working on at the moment.
Vray who?

2018-05-17, 18:08:59
Reply #524

Animator89

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I've found a very interesting feature in corona roadmap - "reworking tone mapping"
But I can't find any info about that in forums.
Can somebody explain in two words about this? (or any link will be appreciated.)

Thanks!
-Pavel
« Last Edit: 2018-05-17, 19:30:39 by Animator89 »