Author Topic: disqualified work for 3d cg environment competition 2017  (Read 3141 times)

2017-10-04, 20:11:15

lukx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I decided to use Corona 1.7 for heavy exterior scene for e-on 3d CG environment competition 2017. Today I received an email from e-on that they want to see screenshots of the scene because it looked "too good". After sending screenshots etc they asked if I used any of their software. The rules stated:  "You may use your application of choice, in combination with any of the e-on software products. This includes any version of VUE (Esprit, Studio, Complete, Infinite or xStream), including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free VUE Pioneer." and I though that I can use any software I want.To make long story short I was disqualified :( Anyway I was so happy with working in Corona on this scene (i'm very, very old VRay user) that I bought Corona license :). I didn't want to cheat on Chaos so I pull the plug and got it when I heard that Chaos connected officially with Corona :)
Anyway here's the scene. Again working on materials and lighting was really awesome experience in Corona, even that the scene was huge it's been very responsive to see the adjustments etc. And oh my the quality of light is amazing!

« Last Edit: 2017-10-05, 07:45:52 by lukx »

2017-10-04, 20:28:43
Reply #1

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeh i just discovered the material browser in 1.7 and I don't want to go to lunch! haha

2017-10-10, 06:28:33
Reply #2

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
good move:) corona really does cg justice
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2017-10-10, 14:45:15
Reply #3

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
First time i heard "too good" !! Sorry for it man (lot of work for sure), awesome render!

2017-10-10, 19:01:13
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hehe, they were like "Wait a second, this looks too good to be rendered in our shitty Vue renderer" :D