Author Topic: Animation specularity problem.  (Read 7463 times)

2017-09-01, 18:58:02
Reply #15

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Maybe I've found that the problem is refracting the glass material from problems, if I take it with "Thin (no refraction)" not a problem, but a really unreal glass!
Then? Do not I think it's a bug? Or yes?
Help to solve this problem?
Thanks

2017-09-04, 10:15:33
Reply #16

grafichissimo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • METROVISUAL
Hi NeTz3d, that is just noise, you have to keep rendering unless the noise is less visible, this may take ages because you have a lot of glass in there.
There si nothing to do, unless you want try to reduce the GI quality or try to clamp your GI.
Keep in mind that the denoiser is not a miracle tools, and is not keeping a regular behaviour through multiple frames, that is not flicker is a random pattern of the denoiser.
Alternatively if you use AE you can beneficial of using some tool for denoising that is based on multiple frame in order to keep the cleaning process consistent.

Ciao!
Davide Chicco - www.metrovisual.co.uk

2017-09-04, 11:28:18
Reply #17

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
There may be some problem with the new sampler maybe... not having the static pattern in places where it should. I would recommend you to upload the scene here https://corona-renderer.com/upload and report the problem in the bug reporting section along with the name of the scene.

This is the best way to ensure developers will take a look at it and make sure whatever is happening will be fixed in 1.7. Since I see that your noise pattern is static on most of the images, but moving in the glass parts, it's probably a bug at a lot lower level, which users can not work around in any way.

2017-09-11, 10:29:10
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is this issue solved or not? It looks very serious. I can see that the video download link from the 1s post is inactive - @OP, could you re-upload it?
It would be also great if you could send us a report about this issue to support@corona-renderer.com .
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-09-11, 10:43:25
Reply #19

NeTz3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • nespoli3d
Hi Mauru,
I uploaded the scene on your "private uploader" last week, as Rawalanche said and I did not have any news.
Did I do something wrong?

2017-09-11, 16:17:11
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That's fine, sorry, I wasn't aware that the scene is already uploaded.

2017-09-25, 17:37:13
Reply #21

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi NeTz3d, that is just noise, you have to keep rendering unless the noise is less visible, this may take ages because you have a lot of glass in there.
There si nothing to do, unless you want try to reduce the GI quality or try to clamp your GI.
Keep in mind that the denoiser is not a miracle tools, and is not keeping a regular behaviour through multiple frames, that is not flicker is a random pattern of the denoiser.
Alternatively if you use AE you can beneficial of using some tool for denoising that is based on multiple frame in order to keep the cleaning process consistent.

Ciao!

What grafichissimo said.  Whats your noise level? I can recommend using this plugin https://www.neatvideo.com/ 
on the specular pass. I guess you could probably render it a little longer and see, ;D good luck!

2017-09-25, 18:29:39
Reply #22

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Attached a test with Neat denoise.

Denoising stills is quite different from animations. It can produce something i call- The reverse light cache animation flicker X-P

If possible use a time smoothing feature in the denoise. This can soften the image and remove detail, so It might be best to only do the denoising on the problematic pass(refraction/specular in your case?) and isolated it with a mask. 

Sorry about the grading, did the denoising in Davinchi;D
« Last Edit: 2017-09-25, 22:33:36 by lmikkelb »

2017-11-23, 11:38:09
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@OP if this is still actual, can you tell me what was the file name or some other info that would help me find it? Did you use the regular or Dropbox upload?