Author Topic: Which V-Ray feature should we bring to Corona?  (Read 61962 times)

2017-09-27, 13:25:38
Reply #120

shiftman2012

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 Also it would be great to have Volume Fog Height option to set, because now there is no option to limit fog in height. Applying Volume Mtl to A box with limited height does not work, corona does not render fog correctly. But when camera is outside of the box it is rendering correct. It was in roadmap i think but disapeared called- better determining inside/outside medium

2017-09-27, 19:35:10
Reply #121

cebli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualisation & Animation
Only thing I miss from vray is clamp output. That was really easy way to remove fireflies.

2017-09-28, 09:56:23
Reply #122

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Only thing I miss from vray is clamp output. That was really easy way to remove fireflies.

hm, i'm not sure, but i think highlight-clamping is for you?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000006462-what-is-highlight-clamping-

i also experienced that lowering the MSI helps a bit with the fireflies...

2017-09-28, 19:12:38
Reply #123

cebli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualisation & Animation

hm, i'm not sure, but i think highlight-clamping is for you?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000006462-what-is-highlight-clamping-

i also experienced that lowering the MSI helps a bit with the fireflies...

I can't beleive didn't see this option before. Also it improve antialiasing. sure it will help a lot. thank you so much.

2017-09-28, 22:38:37
Reply #124

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
Not a Vray feature, but I would love to be able to select material from the Corona Frame Buffer.

2017-09-28, 23:22:26
Reply #125

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You've been a Modo user at some point in time haven't you! ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-17, 10:28:11
Reply #126

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Infinite plane seems to be often requested.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-25, 10:18:28
Reply #127

Per Bergs

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
1. Crpytomatte
2. VRscans shaders
3. Nvidia MDL
4. AxF support for x-rite captured device

This would be awesome for automotive and product viz

2017-10-25, 12:19:05
Reply #128

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
1. Crpytomatte
2. VRscans shaders
3. Nvidia MDL
4. AxF support for x-rite captured device

This would be awesome for automotive and product viz

When you mention AxF, do you use that in your work (do you guys have the scanner?) ? I've been on their website few days ago but it doesn't seem like they have library of their own. Unlike VRScans.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-10-25, 15:25:49
Reply #129

Per Bergs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Juraj

No Xrite don't have a library of there own.
I got a newsletter from Algorithmic about SD's ability to process and adjust Axf files.

Since I work for a large automotive viz company, where all is about accuracy, this workflow of scanning material samples on our own (and not depend on VRscans) would be very interesting.

Cheers

2017-10-25, 16:14:51
Reply #130

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Why are you requesting MDL? Have you actually tried and found it useful? Or are you requesting it just because you know it exists?

2017-10-26, 09:23:56
Reply #131

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
afaik MDL is something like a global material library from iray which makes another renderer able to connect / use it including vray.
PerBergs is an professional automotive product visualizer and I guess he is an iray user too.

2017-10-26, 10:29:00
Reply #132

kosso_olli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Juraj

No Xrite don't have a library of there own.
I got a newsletter from Algorithmic about SD's ability to process and adjust Axf files.

Since I work for a large automotive viz company, where all is about accuracy, this workflow of scanning material samples on our own (and not depend on VRscans) would be very interesting.

Cheers

Please keep in mind that Chaosgroup is planning to make the scanner available to the public once the patenting is done and they have found a manufacturer. I would buy one instantly.
The V-Ray guy checking out Corona...

https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

2017-10-26, 13:51:45
Reply #133

Per Bergs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Thanks for the many replies and questions.

As Christa correctly assumes, I am pro automotive viz artist. For those type of companies, and in my opinion, more and more product manufacturers are requesting this kind of accuracy and detail.
The most straightforward way is to capture the material.
But after it can be influenced anymore. Enter AxF and it's support by Substance.

As for the format(-s). I don't really care much about which format. MDL, AxF, Vrscans,...
I am interested in the capturing device, it's connection to a Corona and the ability to adjust or influence these scans after it has been scanned. That's why I found the Siggraph presentation/demonstration from Substance designer very interesting. The Axf format can be opened and influenced in SD, which is a hugely beneficial. Hopefully it works like they claim it does.

Only size of these scans is sometimes difficult. Some fabrics have very large tiles in real life. Like, an entire seat.

I would very much welcome an Chaosgroups device. Why not? But it has to be adjustable later on.

Cheers
Per

2017-10-26, 15:01:54
Reply #134

kosso_olli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The VrScans are adjustable after capturing. You can affect the paint color, the overall color, even feed textures into it. Apply new bump maps using the VrayBumpMtl, control the multipliers for reflection, lighting etc. all in the VrScans material. It is exactly what you need.
In comparison, X-Rites Total Appearance Capture is way inferior in my opinion, I had both for testing. TAC only in Vred, though. Until now, I didn't know that this might change with Substance Designer. Thanks for the hint.
Per, if you want I can send a high-res image of a car interior to you. I am quite sure you will not notice any tiling.
The V-Ray guy checking out Corona...

https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz