Author Topic: Which V-Ray feature should we bring to Corona?  (Read 62096 times)

2017-08-29, 21:44:30
Reply #60

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
yes that works but what about motion blurred stills?

Usually I don't use something like frame 1,2,3 but frame 10, 20, 30 and so on. This way there is enough time to MBlur stuff like cars (also keyed for a distinct frame; the car would only drive from frame 15 to 25 from/to a location suitable for frame 20 when rendering that frame to get the motion blur).

But atm in this case you also have to key the cam at least at frame 19 and 21 to stay where it is because when using a physical cam you cannot switch off camera motion blur seperately from object motion blur like Corona Render setup provides. I made a request exactly for this reason to have the option to switch both independently in corona CameraMod, I hope CoronaCamera will have it finally.

All you need to do then is to render a range from e.g. 10 to 110 with every 10th frame activated in render setup and you can render out or submit all shot´s at once - only the resolution change is missing. And I still presume this is very hard to implement even with a dedicated CoronaCamera because so many other things depend on it, let's see :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-08-29, 21:57:26
Reply #61

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes that will definitely work. Thank you. But it seems like a lot of customizing just to have different lighting conditions saved in a file. Occasionally, I merge in hdr's from old scenes and if I don't remember the keys, I may accidently produce an error.

2017-08-29, 22:33:44
Reply #62

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Yes, but I mean DomeLight does not do that either.

If you switch Camera and want to change environment with it, then in V-Ray, you have to disable current DomeLight and enable another one, and in Corona, you have to replace current environment map with another one. It's about the same amount of clicks.

I uncheck render hidden lights in the render panel. Then I name the layers based on the cameras. That way I can turn on and off the lighting rigs with layers, which are recorded in state sets eventually

I still don't get it... State Sets record state of the map in the environment slot too... :|

2017-08-29, 22:59:10
Reply #63

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes I just discovered that the other day! But it doesn't record the "Use Corona" scene environment. Only the 3ds max environment. The state sets just record the layers turning on and off so I don't have to reassign the hdr when I submit many cameras to the farm. Its the last step I have when setting up a scene with multiple lighting conditions. State sets are super helpful because it records the file output names, camera switching and layers. If I get a revised model, I just need to import, replace materials and render. I don't need to set up each view every single time changes are made. less clicks

But if I'm not using state sets, it's just super easy to turn a layer on and off to switch lighting as I'm working.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-29, 23:27:33 by iancamarillo »

2017-08-30, 01:08:29
Reply #64

A515

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.arch515.com
The good thing would be the dirt - vray material or even the Fs today is definitely better developed than Cr.
enRich dirt support - doing a great job .. AO in CR. It has far less potential than its neighbors

http://www.enrichpro.com

2017-08-30, 09:19:43
Reply #65

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
ray traced round corner shader

2017-08-30, 10:16:14
Reply #66

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I recall many feature requests about the VFB tools such as dof focus picker, get material from object, object selection, etc.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-30, 15:42:42
Reply #67

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
The good thing would be the dirt - vray material or even the Fs today is definitely better developed than Cr.
enRich dirt support - doing a great job .. AO in CR. It has far less potential than its neighbors

http://www.enrichpro.com

What exactly doesn't CoronaAO do that V-RayDirt does? Last time I checked, they were nearly the same. V-RayDirt has some legacy stuff like reflection occlusion and environment occlusion back from the days when people used to fake GI with AO, but when it comes to procedural material creation, both have pretty much same feature set.

2017-08-30, 16:09:07
Reply #68

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
I would love to see Phoenix fire and water sim incorporated in Corona. Get rid of all Chaos' chaos and introduce some Corona user-friendlyness to it.

HAHAHA, I would also love this. The UI is a mess in Phoenix.

2017-08-30, 18:11:04
Reply #69

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
does corona have a foreground or background image loader for the VFB? That is helpful sometimes

2017-08-31, 13:19:03
Reply #70

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I +1 being able to set DOF in the VFB

2017-08-31, 15:10:49
Reply #71

moriah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From a fellow VFX artist, personally i would like to see Cryptomatte, Deep EXR, Particle rendering (some kind of integration with TP too), OpenVDB support (Houdini sims)

2017-08-31, 15:13:18
Reply #72

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From a fellow VFX artist, personally i would like to see Cryptomatte, Deep EXR, Particle rendering (some kind of integration with TP too), OpenVDB support (Houdini sims)

Deep would be useful for sure

2017-08-31, 18:23:07
Reply #73

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
Couple of things

• deep exr
  • dof in vfb
  • 2d displacement
  • a little bit more advenced dirt map(as vray dirt)
  • and of course vrayscans, but i know we will be able to use them anyway, but i dont know how you guys are going to implement in into corona(like subscribtion through your website or whatever

and the last one is a bit hard to explain or hard to imagine, but layered VFB. I mean I would love to use couple of curves or levels with masks.. but I dont know if that would be possible.
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-08-31, 19:17:49
Reply #74

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't been using vray for a few years now. (disclaimer)

As others,  I agree a dome light isn't necessary for hdri.
I definitely don't miss their vfb.

The one thing I'd definitely like to see is hybrid rendering. Being able to use both gpu and cpu would be awesome.

Wishes (not sure if they'd come from vray though) : I'd like to see a better way to have atmospheric effects. The volume mtl is limited and not very intuitive. Same with sss. Haze and clouds made easy would be nice. Now it's not that intuitive and not too realistic looking either.

It'd be also useful to have the ability to use bloom and glare per object. But now we'd be heading into the ultra biased world, so it may not be good for corona...