Author Topic: Light map seams  (Read 2975 times)

2017-07-12, 19:16:54

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi There,
Using Corona for Lightmaps baking has some issues for us, wondering if some one or a Dev could comment and let us know if this is a bug or a settings issue.

Our render to texture settings are up to 32 pixels of bleed (32 Interior, 16 Exterior, but this still happens.

There is a bleed / lack of accuracy compared to Vray and as a result large surfaces have a seam like this around them
(Images attached)

A link to look at the results in Web GL

http://vdcdemo.aareas.com/vdc3d/modelpreview.html?modelname=3625C4_Providence%20Tradition_03_CORONA_003-WEBGL%20&username=mikek&date=7-11-2017&version=V1

https://playcanv.as/b/8ypVaNs5/

If we are doing something wrong please let us know, any solution would be great :)
Mike K

2017-07-12, 19:39:25
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Does bleed means padding? I remember that Corona RTT had some issues with rendering padding, Maybe that problem had returned? You may want to doublecheck your baked maps for padding.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-07-12, 20:08:05
Reply #2

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here are some screen shots of our interior and exterior settings, please comment if you see a better way of setting these up for baking in Corona

2017-07-12, 20:32:35
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Those are post processing settings and it has little to do with your problem. Let's start from RTT settings window. Could you show it?
Also you mentioned that Vray gives you better results, could you compare directly bake maps from Vray and Corona? Maybe it will show more clearly what exactly the problem is.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-07-12, 21:17:43
Reply #4

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bleed = Padding for sure. We have it set to 16 for Exteriors and 32 for Interiors.

We do this via custom scripting and this is the section that pertains to the bleed, I change it manually if it needs to be larger:

if (substring ((classof renderers.current) as string) 1 6) == "Corona" then
                                             (
                                                lightmap_type = Corona_Light()
                                                --lightmap_type = Corona_Beauty()
                                                lightmap_type.targetMapSlotName = "Self illum."
                                             )
                                          else
                                             (
                                                lightmap_type = VRayLightingMap()
                                                lightmap_type.targetMapSlotName = "Self-Illumination"
                                             )
                                          lightmap_type.outputSzX = render_x
                                          lightmap_type.outputSzY = render_y
                                          lightmap_properties = (surf_scene_array[surf_scene_array_count]).INodeBakeProperties
                                          lightmap_properties.bakeEnabled = true
                                          lightmap_properties.nDilations = 32
                                          lightmap_properties.addBakeElement lightmap_type
                                          lightmap_type.filename = LightBakeMap_png_name
                                          lightmap_properties.bakeChannel = (unwrapMod.getMapChannel())

2017-07-21, 17:07:55
Reply #5

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
lightmap_properties.nDilations 32 is the padding setting in the script.
it works with Vray properly, doesen't work with Corona as expected

2017-07-21, 17:09:29
Reply #6

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All, I responded on this thread with all the info:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16749.new;topicseen#new

« Last Edit: 2017-07-21, 18:45:01 by mike_kennedy »