Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169163 times)

2017-09-10, 16:56:36
Reply #465

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Material library could be really cool feature.
One thing, please add the option Real-World-Map-Size.
Please look at similar SIGER libs https://www.sigershop.eu/item/cmpp-max/

That is a good idea, or some tips on texture size/scale.

@Tanakov, the talk is about brand new Corona Material Library tool.

I seem to be unable to locate that tool, can you explain how can I activate it?

In the main 3ds Max menu choose Corona->Material Library

Thanks I wasnt aware of the new manu tab, thank you.

I hope the material library will be fully optional install.

(same would be great for LUTs).

The material library will be optional in full 1.7 release. It won't even be part of the installer package itself and will be automatically downloaded during the installation only when needed (but it will almost definitely be selected to install by default).

It's doable to do the same with both LUT and IES bundles. I was actually thinking about making all of them optional just a few days ago, but I don't see any benefit in doing so. Why would you want to install Corona without LUTs?

I can only imagine that he has his own libraries that he uses instead of those provided by others. Still having option to chose would be just nice.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-09-10, 18:39:33
Reply #466

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I hope the material library will be fully optional install.

(same would be great for LUTs).

The material library will be optional in full 1.7 release. It won't even be part of the installer package itself and will be automatically downloaded during the installation only when needed (but it will almost definitely be selected to install by default).

It's doable to do the same with both LUT and IES bundles. I was actually thinking about making all of them optional just a few days ago, but I don't see any benefit in doing so. Why would you want to install Corona without LUTs?

I'm sure I'm not alone, but I use my own collection of LUT's. And typically only in Photoshop. I do so much post work prior to applying a LUT it is rarely useful for me to use them from the VFB. When I do, I rarely (once every few months) use the provided LUTs. Honestly though the ones provided don't bother me, just offering some explanation why some would value the option to install these.

2017-09-11, 02:25:32
Reply #467

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The interactive render now refreshes the render everytime i move the mouse.... does anyone else have this issue?

2017-09-11, 03:36:05
Reply #468

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I'm sure I'm not alone, but I use my own collection of LUT's. And typically only in Photoshop. I do so much post work prior to applying a LUT it is rarely useful for me to use them from the VFB. When I do, I rarely (once every few months) use the provided LUTs. Honestly though the ones provided don't bother me, just offering some explanation why some would value the option to install these.

You are not alone, I never use LUTs in Corona, as I comp all of my renders through Nuke.

2017-09-11, 06:57:47
Reply #469

amitshneor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The interactive render now refreshes the render everytime i move the mouse.... does anyone else have this issue?

Same here, when used corona camera with
Dof enabled. IR refreshes on mouse movement.

2017-09-11, 12:11:41
Reply #470

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'd also vote for option to install LUTs optionally, in the same manner as material presets. Of course, I would still make the option to install both of these ON by default, so new users who don't know what they do yet won't miss out on it.

Specifically for LUTs, I would probably always include Dubcats trio of Photographic LUTs, regardless of if the LUT package is selected or not.

2017-09-11, 17:52:54
Reply #471

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I may be missing something, but can we add our own materials to the library right now? if so, how?

2017-09-11, 17:57:57
Reply #472

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I may be missing something, but can we add our own materials to the library right now? if so, how?
it is not possible now, but we want to make it happen in the future. Also stay tuned for the full release, we are currently scanning wood ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-11, 18:02:15
Reply #473

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it is not possible now, but we want to make it happen in the future. Also stay tuned for the full release, we are currently scanning wood ;)
Will it be seamlessly tileable?

2017-09-11, 19:13:20
Reply #474

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
it looks more or less like this

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-09-12, 00:57:29
Reply #475

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

That sounds cool an all, but if it's not possible to build project specific libraries, this feature seems super pointless to me.

2017-09-12, 01:26:43
Reply #476

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Yep, it's wood. :)

Basic customizable materials, complex and not. Drag and Drop? count me in, and give Corona Dev. some time....
« Last Edit: 2017-09-12, 03:14:15 by Noah45 »
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-09-12, 01:54:46
Reply #477

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

That sounds cool an all, but if it's not possible to build project specific libraries, this feature seems super pointless to me.

These are just basic mats for beginners who asked for something to come with installer.

For anyone else, to actually manage a library, both Siger and Connecter are full-scale content managing libraries. Siger is bit more straightforward as it's made only for materials, but Connecter is really kick-ass in every aspect.
All the biggest pros out there already use it to manage materials as well.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-09-12, 03:21:17
Reply #478

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
All this big pro needs is a simple way help me flow.

Siger beaut mats, needs Drag and drop

Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-09-12, 11:50:53
Reply #479

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
All this big pro needs is a simple way help me flow.

Siger beaut mats, needs Drag and drop

Connecter ! :- )

(It cannot be stressed out how good that tool is. Drag&Drop HDRi,Textures,Models,Materials. And could even IES if Corona makes it droppable slot)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!