Author Topic: Corona Image Editor feedback  (Read 38842 times)

2017-06-24, 15:42:51
Reply #120

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Is it possible to add two Redo and Undo icons in the Post Tab in the curves panel and in the Lightmix tab. Because ctrl z act in the scene and not in vfb

The request makes perfect sense, but I just could not help myself!
Every time I see a VFB/CIE request. :)

I really have to restraint myself from requesting this stuff on weekly basis :- )

I still want vibrance...parametric highlights/shadows/blacks control.. just the whole ACR would be good.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-07-06, 12:14:01
Reply #121

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Shadow/Midtone/Highlight control would be fantastic, indeed.

Another thing that I'd find super helpful would be if the CXR would save some metadata and expose it. Most of the time, I'd like to see the final pass count, noise level and rendertime so if I have to re-render a part of the image something I know which pass count or noise level to aim for.

2017-07-06, 14:21:13
Reply #122

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
if the CXR would save some metadata and expose it.

It´s already there and has always been, even before Corona EXR was renamed to "CXR" :) Unfortunately it seems not possible to write this (textual) metadata to standard EXR max output as well (that´s what myself would LOVE to have for the reasons you mention). But Image Editor could easily reveal those stats imho (and itwould make perfect sense). I use ProEXR to view it in PS when needed, still had no time to test CIE in depth.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-07-06, 16:47:05
Reply #123

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is already planned for the upcoming versions of CIE.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-07-06, 17:17:26
Reply #124

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great! I'm always requesting something that's already on the list...

2017-07-07, 09:23:01
Reply #125

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
I still want vibrance...parametric highlights/shadows/blacks control.. just the whole ACR would be good.

I will add it to our feature list. Thanks.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-07-26, 11:08:02
Reply #126

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Is it possible to resize via command the size of the cxr file;
ex. I render a 6k image and need to resize it at 1K or 2k ( due to the size of the 6k file above 5GB) so that someone could work on it on CIE, save the
work as .conf and reapply it on the 6k version ?

what is the best config needed for work at 6k with CIE with smooth and responsivness ?
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2017-07-26, 12:32:10
Reply #127

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,
Is it possible to resize via command the size of the cxr file;
ex. I render a 6k image and need to resize it at 1K or 2k ( due to the size of the 6k file above 5GB) so that someone could work on it on CIE, save the
work as .conf and reapply it on the 6k version ?

no, command-line rescaling is not possible in current version. I will add it to our feature request list. Thanks.

what is the best config needed for work at 6k with CIE with smooth and responsivness ?

What kind of config do you mean?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-07-29, 17:21:34
Reply #128

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I mean what is important for a smooth use of CIE
lot of ram, lot of thread, a fast ssd or HDD or maybe CIE will use the GPU for those task.
because at 6k the CIE is not smooth. you can wait maybe 5 sc after scrolling a vallue or just check uncheck a light visibility

2017-07-31, 10:49:51
Reply #129

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
lot of ram, lot of thread, a fast ssd or HDD or maybe CIE will use the GPU for those task.
because at 6k the CIE is not smooth. you can wait maybe 5 sc after scrolling a vallue or just check uncheck a light visibility
CIE uses CPU for its tasks. It is heavily multithreaded so you will get major speedup from CPU upgrade.

RAM capacity does not affect speed unless your system does not need to swap to disk, i.e. you have enough memory to hold whole uncompressed image including all its elements (plus memory to satisfy requirements of your other running programs and the system itself, obviously). For instance, 6k single-element EXR without alpha channel takes about 240 MB of RAM.

Using SSD affects only loading/saving. On my system loading from SSD is about 2x faster than from standard HDD.

Computing LightMix is not so much CPU intensive task but a LOT of data has to be processed. So speed of RAM is probably the bottleneck there. More light select elements you have, more data has to be processed. Maybe you can group your lights into smaller number of light selects?

On my system using CIE is pretty much smooth for 6k images (if not denoising at the same time). I have a Ryzen 7 1700. Is VFB also slow for you?
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31, 10:56:42 by mike288 »

2017-08-28, 13:35:30
Reply #130

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
CIE uses CPU for its tasks. It is heavily multithreaded so you will get major speedup from CPU upgrade.

RAM capacity does not affect speed unless your system does not need to swap to disk, i.e. you have enough memory to hold whole uncompressed image including all its elements (plus memory to satisfy requirements of your other running programs and the system itself, obviously). For instance, 6k single-element EXR without alpha channel takes about 240 MB of RAM.

Using SSD affects only loading/saving. On my system loading from SSD is about 2x faster than from standard HDD.

Computing LightMix is not so much CPU intensive task but a LOT of data has to be processed. So speed of RAM is probably the bottleneck there. More light select elements you have, more data has to be processed. Maybe you can group your lights into smaller number of light selects?

On my system using CIE is pretty much smooth for 6k images (if not denoising at the same time). I have a Ryzen 7 1700. Is VFB also slow for you?

I have a Dual xeon 2699 v4 with 128Gb of ram
I have light group for my ligths just I find  that the CIE is not smooth when switching the value rapidly or scrooling the spinner. I have to wait few second before seeing an effect. Note that the denoise is active on all the elements.

2017-08-28, 13:40:41
Reply #131

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
That's very strange. Could you please send us any EXR/CXR file you're having similar problem with? You can use the private uploader from my signature.

Also to repeat Mike's question: Are you having these problems only in CIE or do you see the same slow response also in VFB?

2017-08-31, 15:16:22
Reply #132

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
only on CIE

2017-08-31, 20:16:10
Reply #133

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
only on CIE
and is CIE the only performance-demanding process on the system while you are experiencing the issues?

I have a Dual xeon 2699 v4 with 128Gb of ram
I have light group for my ligths just I find  that the CIE is not smooth when switching the value rapidly or scrooling the spinner. I have to wait few second before seeing an effect. Note that the denoise is active on all the elements.
And BTW by "active denoise" you mean exactly what? That the elements has been denoised, or that you are denoising them while spinning LightMix spinners?

Still, please, can you upload the CXR so we can inspect it?

2017-08-31, 22:02:11
Reply #134

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Can you guys add presets for the curve editor (like those in Photoshop's)? Yes I know you can save presets, but figured having a base to start from would be beneficial.