Author Topic: Can we render deep EXR's with corona?  (Read 2165 times)

2016-10-25, 17:37:15

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im looking for a way to render a scene in layers and deep seems the way to go.
By that i mean id like to be able to render once, and turn off say the foreground layer and still see that was 'behind' the foreground layer. There might be a better way. Possibly just render layers? I dont know
Can corona do this yet?

Thanks
Jack
« Last Edit: 2016-10-25, 18:32:33 by jpjapers »

2016-10-25, 23:19:42
Reply #1

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I Realise now this might be a silly question as removing objects from the scene would obviously affect GI quite drastically. Unless im misunderstanding and this could be done with a feature similar to lightmix but for objects rather than for lights?

2016-10-25, 23:54:55
Reply #2

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Even with deep data, you won't be able to acheive this. You will be able to add objects to your scene after the rendering process (in nuke for example). The added object will be occluded by the previously rendered ones, according to his distance from camera. Deep data are used to store world position for each pixel composing your image. So if you get a glass in front of any object, you won't be able to get the position of the objects behind that glass. 1 pixel = 1 position

2016-10-26, 09:10:52
Reply #3

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Riiight i misunderstood.I thought it stored depth data and you could assign objects to layers and the higher the layer number the further from the camera it is.  i thought it meant you could render in layers in like a foreground midground background kind of way without occlusion. My bad.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-26, 09:46:52 by jpjapers »