Author Topic: Sponsor commercials. transformations:)  (Read 4676 times)

2016-10-12, 14:54:53

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys .
I wanted to share some of the latest work that i`ve been doing. Its for the main sponser of this film: 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4956984/?ref_=nv_sr_2

The car tranformations are not featured in the actual film but used separately, only in the sponsor commercials. hope u like them :)
Corona was used on all the transformations.

2016-10-12, 15:30:57
Reply #1

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2016-10-13, 10:15:29
Reply #2

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work!

Saw the first part of the movie, it was amazing.

Hope the guy they trew of the cliff to valhalla is ok XD
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-10-13, 10:45:01
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@lmikkelb - Thanks for sharing this! Pure awesomeness! Can you tell us if Corona was used for all the CGI, or only for the transformation animations? This is such an interesting project!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-10-13, 16:59:24
Reply #4

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much. We are a smal studio so it was quite a big undertaking for us.

Corona was used only in the beginning, with the old cars and the transformations, which was separate from the film itself.
The stills sums up most of the shots where corona was used. 

The other shots in the end part of the commercials/trailer was done by other studios, Im not really not sure what render engine they used.

Corona is pure awesomeness:D I think the only problems we had was with the shadowcatcher taking some time to clean the noise, so I chaged to a Ao hack with abit directionality on one of the shots, and the rendertimes went down. We did have alot of noise in the dark environment where we used RoundEdges on som of the internal mechanical parts, this was fixed abit with projecting the reflection pass(which had the most noise) ontop of the geometry in max and re rendering with only motionblur. Super hack:P
We used max 2016 with corona 1.4, rendered everything at rebusfarm and compositing was done in nuke. 

We were 3 guys doing the transformtions over a roughly 2 months time periode. In total it was 8 cars we had to texture and do some remodeling on.
With all the animation, camera tracking, projections, lighting, rendering and compositing time went by fast, but we are pretty happy with the end result.   

I mostly do compositing work so this project was a new experience for me and the guys, we chose to use corona because of its ease of use, speed and great interactive rendering.
Looking forward to try out all the new features in 1.5, it looks amazing. 

2016-10-16, 08:39:55
Reply #5

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well done, It's really beautiful. How did you modelled those snow particles over the car? Are they a simple displacement? Or you have used particle system? Please explain a bit more. Thanks
« Last Edit: 2016-10-16, 08:46:24 by fa2020 »

2016-10-21, 11:02:08
Reply #6

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
i really like the transformation. good job with your team. looks real.