Author Topic: kshane.com release 3D Tree Model collection for Corona and GPU render engine  (Read 5404 times)

2016-10-02, 22:10:18

kevinshane

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys, first post here.. here I am proud to post the new 3d tree model collection
the collection is extremely optimized for CPU and GPU render engine with low ram+vram cost, low tris counts, low texture counts, with 180 trees + 180 seamless looping wind effects, material optimized for cpu+gpu render so that it gets super smooth render speed and realtime feedback :P I hope you guys enjoy this collection

http://www.kshane.com/shop-page/

What you get in this collection
[1] 180 trees + low,mid,high polys + seamless wind
[2] simple material adjustment , one click changing leaf type
[3] as usual, low vram cost + low mem cost + less texture counts
[4] extremely optimized for GPU and CPU render engine
[5] multiple render engine supported (octane , fstorm , corona , standard)
[6] popular plugin supported (forest pack , multiscatter) , also one tree can creates 5 variations with a single built in point cache modifier
[7] fully support of octane for 3ds max plugin (one is for 1.2a to 2.23.2-1.9 and one is for 2.3 to 3.x)
[8] for 3ds max 2011 to 2017 only (due to the super large file size, 15GB for wind files)

So why they cost low compute power comparing to others?
[1] one tree with one variation point cache modifier creates 5 totally different shapes of variations
[2] all variations sharing exactly the same one wind point cache modifier, so that it creates 5 different wind effects
[3] one diffuse texture map creates 3 leaf type variations, so the texture counts will cost very less
[4] 3 type of every specices(low,mid,high) with each type creates 5 variation, you will get 15 totall different look by only 3 obj

here are some example raw renders:
render time is around 3mins on a single gtx880m laptop gpu with 1080p , and a gtx880m is roughly the same speed between gtx750Ti to gtx770 , the forest scene is about 1.3G vram cost for about 500-700 trees(mixed by low and mid poly tree), we spent so much time optimizing the tree and shader, even using a poor gtx880m gpu, it almost clear the renders after SECONDS!

here is the funny moment ^^.. please be aware of the size of this gifs, it's about 50MB..
you can feel how smooth the realtime rendering is
check this realtime render gif link:
http://gph.is/2cDrgyK

please watch the how to use step-by-step videos:

2016-10-06, 15:25:59
Reply #1

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like they could be a time-saver.

How good are they close up?

Do you have a link to show us what the trees look like when they are moving? Or even better - a demo model to download? :)

2016-10-07, 17:44:27
Reply #2

kevinshane

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey man
 The collection contains 3 different tris range of type(low,mid,high), so that it can be suit for any range of renderings, including close look, also even the low poly one has the turbosmooth modifier so it can be fit to something really close
 About the time-saving thing, all renders above are using lowpoly tree, you can get a feeling of how the lowpoly looks accroding to those sample renders(although they all took only 3 mins to render a 1080p, that doesn't means it shows a low quality^^...also they are all raw renders)
 For the demo model, sorry about that, I have no idea of how to upload such a huge size of the trees, it contains the wind and variation point cache, but still they are huge(15G for the 7zip, and 25.5G for unzip).. but I think the youtube video shows the main feature ^^ thanks

Shane

2017-03-06, 03:11:09
Reply #3

SaY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Shane,
Do you have any other collections available? I see only Volume.3 on your website.