Author Topic: Render a animation problems!  (Read 7802 times)

2016-08-02, 13:26:26

smereces

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I was using more than 1 year corona for still images, but now I´m trying to began with animation but I have the same problem with all the animations that I´m trying to render out!

The problem is that in some frames and with no reason the reflection and refraction change or disappear from the scene objects!! I was thinking that was the scene but I already try other scenes and simple tests and happens the same!!

Why is this happens in animation frames?

thank you in advance

2016-08-02, 13:29:21
Reply #1

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How are you rendering the animation? Is it a single computer or are you rendering on multiple nodes(backburner?). Are the reflections/refractions controlled by maps?

2016-08-02, 13:35:29
Reply #2

smereces

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im using backburner with 2 machines, but all the textures are right setup on network, this strange problem only affects the reflections on all the scenes objects that have reflction on it ( reflections are controlled by the material settings no textures to control them).

I already test to render the animation in one simple machine and do the same!

2016-08-02, 13:37:49
Reply #3

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you using a hdri to light the scene?

... or something else in the env slot or do you use the reflection override slot?

2016-08-02, 13:39:08
Reply #4

smereces

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you using a hdri to light the scene?

yes I use HDRI in enviroment slot but Im not using reflection override or other kind of environment override
« Last Edit: 2016-08-02, 13:42:55 by smereces »

2016-08-02, 14:00:12
Reply #5

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im using backburner with 2 machines, but all the textures are right setup on network, this strange problem only affects the reflections on all the scenes objects that have reflction on it ( reflections are controlled by the material settings no textures to control them).

I already test to render the animation in one simple machine and do the same!

Does this mean you're rendering the sequence on one machine(within Max or Backburner?) and you are getting the same random mix of right/wrong frames? Or does it mean it renders a sequence with the error.

How looks your scene render without the hdri?

2016-08-02, 14:41:39
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That's really strange, I don't recall anything similar. Maybe it's the HDRI that can't be accessed by some of the PCs? Or some other part of the environment?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-02, 14:44:55
Reply #7

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's really strange, I don't recall anything similar. Maybe it's the HDRI that can't be accessed by some of the PCs? Or some other part of the environment?

that would be my guess, too.

2016-08-02, 15:21:26
Reply #8

cebli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualisation & Animation
Look like there is version differences. 1.4 vs 1.5 daily

2016-08-02, 18:49:22
Reply #9

smereces

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I found the problem!! the problem is that in 1 node the plung in corona don´t do reflections in the corona materials!! I already uninstall the plung in there and re-install it and all the same! why does this happen??
« Last Edit: 2016-08-02, 19:08:09 by smereces »

2016-08-03, 08:44:18
Reply #10

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Funnily enough, I saw this exact same problem when I used an online render farm service a couple of months ago. I would submit a render, then on the frames I got back, every 10th frame or so would lose its reflection. I finally found out from the render farm service, that all of the problem frames came from a single computer, and I suggested they they either fix that installation, or remove that computer from the Corona pool.

2016-08-03, 09:24:09
Reply #11

smereces

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Funnily enough, I saw this exact same problem when I used an online render farm service a couple of months ago. I would submit a render, then on the frames I got back, every 10th frame or so would lose its reflection. I finally found out from the render farm service, that all of the problem frames came from a single computer, and I suggested they they either fix that installation, or remove that computer from the Corona pool.

Yes is the same! for no reason one of the machines don´t render reflections!! I render stand alone on that computer and happens the same! the Corona render don´t render reflections on the scenes! The problem is identified but now I will appreciate help from corona support members to try to understand or why this happen!?
« Last Edit: 2016-08-03, 09:28:05 by smereces »

2016-08-03, 10:04:32
Reply #12

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please excuse me to suspect a network/map-issue. That is really weird. Bear with the developers-I don't think this is an easy one to track down.

2016-08-03, 10:58:07
Reply #13

LUKEC3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Curiously 10 days ago we did an animation test with 300 frame, on 30 different machines with the backburner, and only 1 frame had the same problem.
I have not paid much attention, but now I checked and and 'as if that frame had been rendered without refraction and a quality' more 'low. Surely all computers have done more 'frame, at least 10 each, but the problem does not and' resubmitted.
We have done so many static render and  animation for thousands thousand of frames and it 's never happened. I believe it is not a Corona Render problem.

2016-08-03, 15:39:49
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for the lack of response here. We are definitely interested in solving this issue, but it is not familiar to us. The first thing I would recommend is re-installing Corona. On the faulty PC if it's known, or on all of the PCs taking part in the rendering if it's unknown.
I would strongly encourage all users who experienced this problem at some point to contact us via our support portal: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
We would like to gather all the information on this issue, and attempt to solve it. Even a Teamviewer or Skype connection is possible.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us