Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 115579 times)

2016-09-05, 23:21:40
Reply #390

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
if you send us the scene we will investigate it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-05, 23:23:14
Reply #391

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you send us the scene we will investigate it

Hey Ondra, I've edit my previous post "EDIT!! : Ok, so I've figured out what happened. I've raised the plane(the one with the displacement) slightly, and by some weird coincidence it was on the same Z value as the camera, so the camera was somehow "intersecting the plane" and that leads to excessive ram usage by the displacement. I moved the camera 10cm higher and all is fine now"

2016-09-05, 23:57:57
Reply #392

GabaCGStudio

for now just waiting for new gen of drserver ...

2016-09-06, 04:01:30
Reply #393

SaY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
for now just waiting for new gen of drserver ...

Exactly. Can't wait.

2016-09-06, 08:19:05
Reply #394

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry to say, but it has been pushed to 1.6 so we can make 1.5 release under 1 month
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-06, 08:28:51
Reply #395

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
sorry to say, but it has been pushed to 1.6 so we can make 1.5 release under 1 month
yes I saw it yesterday by trello notification... :'(, I hope DR improvements will be the first priority in 1.6
cheers! :D

2016-09-06, 10:09:54
Reply #396

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, the plan is basically to launch it ASAP after 1.5 so there is as much testing as possible. Debugging network stuff is always tricky.

2016-09-06, 12:36:03
Reply #397

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Two things.

1 - is it pausible to make Lightlisted to difine instance light sorces? It will make setup much easier when you click for one light sorce not couple of hundrets of them because you don't remember the names. And same for light material.

2 - Will we see someday regular mapped pattern for corona scatter. I belive you promised it in 1.5 Ondrey.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-09-06, 12:42:18
Reply #398

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
What would be really good is a proper Corona Light Manager, like the 3rd party Corona light lister that's floating around. In this you could then group up and link certain light groups etc to make managing this easier.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-09-06, 13:12:33
Reply #399

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
we have commisioned light and scatter listers, I will ask what is the status

2016-09-06, 13:13:32
Reply #400

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
we have commisioned light and scatter listers, I will ask what is the status

Great stuff ;)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-09-06, 13:17:51
Reply #401

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Need some help from those who run dailies in production:

I had no opportunity to test the latest builds but have already started shading a major project in db from Jul 12 2016, which makes it impossible to go back to 1.4.

Can you give me some hints which of the newer builds was stable for you - or which one was unstable so I can stay away from these? The one I'm using now was the last one before bloom&glare was introduced so I'd like to switch to a more recent one but would like to use something that's as stable as possible, preferably with the fixed low glossiness rim.

2016-09-06, 14:05:03
Reply #402

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Will the dark halo effect in PBR Mode materials still be addressed before the proper release of 1.5?

2016-09-06, 14:19:37
Reply #403

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Not as cool is: I have 3dsmax crashing on slaves after EVERY DR job, even when renderinig a box.

Edit:
It is in fact a plugin causing max to crash when beeing closed. WTF Itoo. It´s reproducable ForestPackPro 5.1.0. When installed closing max leads to some sort of hidden crash. When removed: all ok. Of course it crashes also when it´s closed by DrServer. What a messy post, sorry. Reported it at the Itoo forum now.

So I have the exact same problem but I don't have forest or any other plugins installed for Max 2017 which is what I'm using for testing the daily builds. I do have it for 2016 which is on the same machine, do we think this bug is "cross-contaminating" across max versions?

2016-09-06, 14:25:54
Reply #404

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Will the dark halo effect in PBR Mode materials still be addressed before the proper release of 1.5?
yes, that is our top priority. What we will definitely do before the release:
  • New installer
  • VR warps
  • GGX edges darkening fix
  • Dark highglights fix vs. glossy glass problem
  • LUTs
  • Corona EXR format saving in 3ds Max