Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 115186 times)

2016-07-25, 19:28:46
Reply #210

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
As for the FTH stuff: Same as this

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11913.msg76836.html#msg76836

again?

Disabling FTH should be easy and safe (I use the reg setting [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH]
"Enabled"=dword:00000000 in a startup script for every node)

I´d rather suspect rpmanager or something else to do something nasty and being responsible for your corrupt scenes to be honest.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-07-25, 20:02:49
Reply #211

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
actually the currupted scenes happened before installing RP Manager last time and the none of the solutions actually helped except after the RP manager install so it actually helped, will retry all these solutions you guys suggested now on windows 10 but on microsoft website its no recommended so idk
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2016-07-25, 20:56:38
Reply #212

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
They for sure also recommend not to disable Cortana, automatic updates, telemetry, CEIP, OneDrive and other "usefull stuff", so...

Good Luck

2016-07-25, 21:34:29
Reply #213

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
well am gona give them a try, anyway the solid state drive is only being used for softwares so i cant really lose any data if anything goes wrong
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2016-07-27, 00:20:13
Reply #214

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
ART physical material parsing now supports clearcoat and SSS (A bit)

Is there any ETA on fixed fresnel ?

And is the work going towards (the very poor) Art physical material at the expense of improved Corona PBR material ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-07-27, 10:33:13
Reply #215

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Is there any ETA on fixed fresnel ?

And is the work going towards (the very poor) Art physical material at the expense of improved Corona PBR material ?
No, supporting ART is 3ds Max API thing, which is my domain. PBR shading is research topic done by Jaroslav (who is currently on vacation)

Not supporting ART mtl was a glaring omission that had to be fixed, but I certainly did not expect it to take so long ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-27, 11:06:54
Reply #216

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since support for new max features like the Physical Material is talked about, Object Map and Shape Map would be two very useful features to support as well. There was a thread about this mentioning basic support only, for example in a diffuse slot, but not as a mask in a Blend or CoronaLayerMtl for example.

2016-07-27, 11:23:08
Reply #217

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see that Corona Triplanar UVW Mapping is missing in trello roadmap. Would be great to have it, though.

2016-07-27, 13:06:46
Reply #218

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I see that Corona Triplanar UVW Mapping is missing in trello roadmap. Would be great to have it, though.
We removed it from out TODO since Autodesk is adding a standard one into the max 2017
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-27, 13:14:32
Reply #219

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We removed it from out TODO since Autodesk is adding a standard one into the max 2017

That's too bad. I'm stuck with max 2016, the last version with perpetual licence.

2016-07-27, 15:09:42
Reply #220

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Is it by purpose that the cubemap projection type override renders the imag(es) flipped horizontally?

And why is the sequence Front-Back-Up-Down-Right-Left and not something else? Will the order be customizable in future (ini/string options)?

Thank you

(DB 160721 | Max 2016)

2016-07-27, 15:14:07
Reply #221

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
That's basically the convention and there is not much use in changing that. Chaosgroup and the others do it the same way.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-07-27, 15:38:21
Reply #222

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
That's basically the convention and there is not much use in changing that. Chaosgroup and the others do it the same way.

I was wondering if there is some convention besides some industry de facto standard. For example my currently used pano converter expects F-R-B-L-U-D so I cannot feed it directly with the output. Changing the order would have much use right now for me.

Well I hope that horzontally flipping at least is only a bug :]

Good Luck

2016-07-27, 17:29:40
Reply #223

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
sorry if it has already been discussed, but just wanted to leave some feedback on the vignetting. In the latest daily, it seems to just overlay the render with a black vignette, rather than lowering the exposure. Also can we have a 'retain highlights' option? Camera RAW in photoshop does vignetting very well in my opinion, whould be great if corona could work the same as that.

cheers,

pg

2016-07-27, 19:22:56
Reply #224

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry if it has already been discussed, but just wanted to leave some feedback on the vignetting. In the latest daily, it seems to just overlay the render with a black vignette, rather than lowering the exposure. Also can we have a 'retain highlights' option? Camera RAW in photoshop does vignetting very well in my opinion, whould be great if corona could work the same as that.

cheers,

pg
we will take a look on the order of operations next week