Author Topic: Source color pass and main RGBA  (Read 2263 times)

2016-05-15, 23:26:57

JCdeBlok

• Active Users
  • Jonathan de Blok
    • View Profile
I've found a nice workflow of using the 'render elements only' feature to generate files which I can use to start working on compositing it all while I wait for the beauty render to come in. I use the 'source color' element as a placeholder for the rendered RGBA which works nicely.

To clarify, right  now I'm working on an animation of a  building that has a lot of video projectors in it, the projected footage is added in post using re-mapping and the UV coords form a UV pass. All I need to get started inpost is the UV pass and a the 'source color' for reference of what's going on. this on itself works great but...

Obviously the 'source color' is not in the main RGBA channel of an EXR and I have to shuffle channels in post which is a bit of a drag since I'm dealing with a dozen shot or so.. So an option to force an render element into the main RGBA of an EXR would be nice.  Or maybe a more high level approach like  'generate comp-able files' button which basically does a 'elements only' but with with a quick 'source color' pass in main RGBA would work as well.

(and make this network/batch renderable as well please :) )

2016-08-23, 21:17:52
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I would rather not implement this, it is pretty borderline case and would contribute to unnecessary complexity of render settings
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)