Author Topic: So how does everyone feel about "Subscription only" licensing from Autodesk  (Read 2828 times)

2016-02-02, 09:25:56

@matrix

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tbh im not suprised I knew it was coming :(  Sad to say but im assuming all software is headed the saas way, I really dont see how it benefits customers aside from a few superficial things like accesss to newest updates and what not but I dont understand why these companies cant keep both the full paid licensing and the subscription version, you know the way Corona does it ;)
The subscription fees start to get ridiculous when you add in all your monthly fees for Adobe software, Autodesk, various render engines, render farms, etc.
Forcing everyone onto subscription only is kind of a dick move man...

2016-02-02, 18:37:48
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, totally agree. Not to mention the pain & suffering of pronouncing someone a criminal if not paying and wanting to open or use old projects.

All in the best interest of the evolving system - staying dependent, therefore economically stable, predictable and under control (by the principles of the old). It is of no interest to have pillars of society fracturing, falling down and balancing in equality. Keeping the civilization, thus super empire strive, hierarchy of order running well and swell... god forbid if going FLOSS. Though i use their 'free 360' services, yet with caution.
So, until death do us part.

What to do?
Love us, for what have we done.
Love it, for what has become...
... a challenge to seek alternative ways. Intelligence evolving.

In joy

Personally am more stressed over a new law enforcing certified cash registers... meh, all this new crap to support the idiocracy of bureaucracy :p
« Last Edit: 2016-02-02, 18:47:44 by burnin »

2016-02-02, 18:46:01
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
bad mistake ?? unless the bubble is going to burst - fake accounts
« Last Edit: 2016-02-02, 20:54:35 by burnin »

2016-02-03, 11:18:31
Reply #3

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also sucks if you've stumped up for the full product and then you needn't have bothered when you can just get it on subscription. I had that buying Photoshop CS6 not too long before CC started. At least I can open any photoshop files on it if I need to. Hate the way autodesk doesnt let you down save. Im so glad I'm not trapped in the autodesk machine!