Author Topic: New VFB features  (Read 15884 times)

2016-10-13, 12:23:28
Reply #60

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Please. Add the camera name to the VFB window. It could be helpful with batch rendering or animation sequence. Thanks
QFA, always wondered why it doesn't display camera name or view type.

As long as it is somehow cleanly indicated which is which when you're rendering from multiple cameras in the same VFB e.g. via history. Could be confusing if you rendered cam01, load it into history A, then render cam02, load it into history B but the VFB reports that it's cam02. The name would somehow need to dynamically change depending on the history, I guess. Not that straightforward.

A simpler approach, although not ideal, would be to have it say "Last render from camXYZ" so at least you know that much.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-10-13, 12:41:32
Reply #61

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
As long as it is somehow cleanly indicated which is which when you're rendering from multiple cameras in the same VFB e.g. via history. Could be confusing if you rendered cam01, load it into history A, then render cam02, load it into history B but the VFB reports that it's cam02. The name would somehow need to dynamically change depending on the history, I guess. Not that straightforward.

A simpler approach, although not ideal, would be to have it say "Last render from camXYZ" so at least you know that much.

I don't think it has to be that complicated. It should simply display view to render info. Same as available in render settings. Dropdown menu to choose view, together with lock, wouldn't hurt either, although it could be hard to fit into already crowded VFB UI.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-01-05, 10:49:59
Reply #62

JCdeBlok

• Active Users
  • Jonathan de Blok
    • View Profile
Haven't installed the new version yet, hard at work to meet a few deadlines..

But I did saw the the 1.6 video and it showed a feature where zooming in to the VFB all of the CPU powered got focused on just the visible area..

I usually zoom in during a render to check on noise levels and how details are emerging to get a feel for the amount of required passes and such. And right now I'm doing hires stereo renders (10k+) and I set the vfb to a 1:1 zoom to get a feel for the noise without zoom.  The new 'only focus on visible part of VFB' feature is a bit dangerous I think, is there a toggle to turn this on/off or is it only doing that during interactive mode?

2017-01-05, 10:52:02
Reply #63

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

But I did saw the the 1.6 video and it showed a feature where zooming in to the VFB all of the CPU powered got focused on just the visible area..

I usually zoom in during a render to check on noise levels and how details are emerging to get a feel for the amount of required passes and such. And right now I'm doing hires stereo renders (10k+) and I set the vfb to a 1:1 zoom to get a feel for the noise without zoom.  The new 'only focus on visible part of VFB' feature is a bit dangerous I think, is there a toggle to turn this on/off or is it only doing that during interactive mode?

Same concern here. Imagine how easy it would be to zoom in and forget to zoom back out again when you run for lunch, only to find you have 1000 passes completed on a vase and the rest of the image is still at 2 passes. Hope it's togglable!
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-01-05, 12:47:02
Reply #64

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, this zoom feature is only for interactive rendering.

2017-01-05, 13:48:59
Reply #65

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
I don't know, but I never used IR for final rendering...
The VFB zoom is only inside IR and, believe me, it's really cool =)

2017-03-29, 14:36:49
Reply #66

thilima3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Thi Lima - 3D, Consulting & Online School
Hey Guys, I would like to share some ideas to Corona Render VFB, I hope you like it (improve it please).

#1 VFB POST Settings for currrent camera (without need CameraMod)

The idea is to have a button on VFB [ CURRENT CAMERA ONLY] which when activated makes the VFB post settings to be applied just for that camera, Like CoronaCamMod does. So, why not continue using Corona Camera mod? 3 reasons:

• Work directly on vfb settings are faster than select camera, go to mod, make changes, select another camera, do changes, get back to vfb, etc etc.
• Every change on CoronaCameraMod restarts the IR, which is annoying as the same functionality on VFB doesn´t
• You cannot make changes on Final render (Not using IR) Exposure / Highlight Compress on the fly if you´re using corona Camera Mod.

On the right side of the image above I also included a load button, which could be used to load another CamerasOnly VFB settings, that you could load from a list of scene cameras (I don´t know if it would be necessary as we have the save/load overrall vfb seput on the top of the window, probably not.)

#2 Focus Picker (Like Octane Render)

Extremely handy!!!

#3 White Balance Picker (Like Octane Render)

Please let me know what you think about it. :)

2017-03-29, 19:37:59
Reply #67

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be nice to have       Render selected -> Disabled
                                                                   Include/exclude list
                                                                   Viewport selection
                                                                   Object GBuffer ID       switcher on VFB's frame and in the top right corner menu of docked IR window

It would be useful to have this switcher wile working with IR on some objects of the scene without the need to have Render dialog opened

2017-03-30, 05:17:54
Reply #68

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, I would like to share some ideas to Corona Render VFB, I hope you like it (improve it please).

#1 VFB POST Settings for currrent camera (without need CameraMod)

The idea is to have a button on VFB [ CURRENT CAMERA ONLY] which when activated makes the VFB post settings to be applied just for that camera, Like CoronaCamMod does. So, why not continue using Corona Camera mod? 3 reasons:

• Work directly on vfb settings are faster than select camera, go to mod, make changes, select another camera, do changes, get back to vfb, etc etc.
• Every change on CoronaCameraMod restarts the IR, which is annoying as the same functionality on VFB doesn´t
• You cannot make changes on Final render (Not using IR) Exposure / Highlight Compress on the fly if you´re using corona Camera Mod.

On the right side of the image above I also included a load button, which could be used to load another CamerasOnly VFB settings, that you could load from a list of scene cameras (I don´t know if it would be necessary as we have the save/load overrall vfb seput on the top of the window, probably not.)

#2 Focus Picker (Like Octane Render)

Extremely handy!!!

#3 White Balance Picker (Like Octane Render)

Please let me know what you think about it. :)

+1 to all this

2017-03-30, 15:00:05
Reply #69

Yarek

• Users
    • View Profile
Sharpening tool/blurring tool based on Z-depth from render elements.

I already submitted this idea via e-mail but maybe I will write more about it.

Typically, I use Z-depth in Photoshop to mask the sharpened image so that only the front is sharp.. but it would be great if corona could automatically take the z-depth from elements and use it in VFB for sharpening and blurring.
For animations, such automatic sharpening tool based on maps would speed up the whole process.

2. In some cases, I would like to exclude some objects or some materials from sharpening. For example in some resolutions grass gets messed up after sharpening. Also some straight lines become jagged and you can see the steps when they are sharpened.

So I would like to be able to have a sharpening tool that ignores objects based on selection or based on material. (Just like the rerender function).

Hope you like the ideas and find it useful. Cheers.

2017-03-31, 22:29:26
Reply #70

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think would be good to have the button with the name something like "Bake current VFB setting to the selected camera". Pressing this button you create CoronaCamera modifier with current settings from the VFB and ticked Overrides. With this it's possible to play with VFB tools after render has been stopped, or with image from the History and apply this settings to the camera. To make the work with cameras with ticked overrides in their CoronaCameraMods more comfortable would be good also to have button or maybe checkbox "Ignore CoronaCameraMod's overrides" which give you possibility to change settings in VFB tools and bake the new ones by pressing "Bake current VFB setting to the selected camera" button with no need to start IR and change settings inside CoronaCameraMod