Author Topic: little comparison between Corona, VRay and Arnold  (Read 44339 times)

2013-07-06, 07:38:16
Reply #15

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The point of this comparison escapes me.

2013-07-24, 23:35:27
Reply #16

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I would like to see more comparisons like that. It´s good the set the Corona level beside the other tools, and to open ideas to make improvements on it.
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-04-05, 14:32:16
Reply #17

defocusal

• Users
    • View Profile
Great Test would there be any chance of sharing the scene? To try some tests on this environment myself? Thanks

2014-04-06, 09:28:07
Reply #18

gabrielefx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
waste your time rendering so simple scenes
I can confirm without any doubt that Corona renders huge scenes in a fraction of time compared to Vray.
With huge I mean with tons of instances and many polygons geometry.
Let's model a master plan with buildings, streets, cars, vegetation and do the comparison.

regards

2014-04-06, 16:23:07
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I would be wary of statements comparing speed of one renderer to be a "fraction" of the other one's. That's simply far-stretched (and from my view, even completely wrong)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-05-10, 13:54:39
Reply #20

jagger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Nautilo
Back again...

then whats about Arnold vs Corona?
Seems like Corona is simpler to setup and use but Im not sure about speed.

2015-05-10, 21:51:40
Reply #21

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
And the "Necromancer award" goes to... ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-05-11, 12:55:26
Reply #22

jagger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Nautilo
I love those never end posts about engines :D

2017-04-22, 02:09:21
Reply #23

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am here to revive them because you love them.
with Arnold part of max 2018 now anyone wants to tell me which is better Arnold vs Corona?

I would say Corona but I am biased and I am not wasting my time on Arnold unless network rendering is free.
plus I heard in interviews that some tasks that are easy as a drink of water in Corona used to need special procedures in Arnold a few years ago.

Mostly I hate Arnold though because the makes kept it for themselves and private for special studios to use for a number of years. The applications that were offered for free at their start are the ones that were propelled forward faster.

2017-04-25, 00:52:20
Reply #24

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It most definitely is not free. You have to pay extra to network render.

2017-04-25, 14:48:10
Reply #25

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From what I understand, it's not even a render node licence. You have to pay a complete licence or rent it, even for a node (this is a floating licence ->7.5$ a day x365 = 2740$ / or permanent licence = 1220$). So basically, this is a true sodomy as they removed the only free "capable" render engine in max, aka mental ray. In other words, stay with corona which is an awesome, cheap and well growing render engine and save your bucks.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-26, 19:30:09 by Fluss »

2017-04-25, 15:52:35
Reply #26

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That said, and after calming me down a bit 😊, I would be prompt to discuss what makes Arnold a rock solid and full featured render engine with you guys.

First of all, to me, one of the killer feature is the use of the uber alsurface layered shader. This should really be part of corona in a near future. There is a ton of cool stuff here, check that out :

https://www.solidangle.com/research/physically_based_shader_design_in_arnold.pdf