Author Topic: [competition]CG Record Rendering Competition!  (Read 8132 times)

2013-06-15, 15:52:22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hey,

This could be a GREAT opportunity to show them who's the boss!

http://www.cgrecord.net/2013/06/rendering-competition-no1.html

About the competition:
We're thrilled to announced the Rendering Competition No.1. Which is the First Rendering Competition on CGRecord Facebook Group. Facebook users can join us, Download the model ( provided by CG Record Team) and create awesome Renderings – Exterior and Interior (The environment is totally up to you but keep the basic house geometry as it is… other than that you can do whatever you like. You might want to add some details here and there depending the viewpoints you pick since some areas of the model have less detail then others)

About the model:
CRESCENT House was designed by SAOTA & ANTONI ASSOCIATES. By downloading and using the house model you agree to credit CGRecord.net and original author of the model - Le Van Phong. Other then that you may use it for anything you like other then actually building a real house based on this design.

What you need to do:
-Enter the Competition by registering to the Facebook Group ( Ask to join ).
-Download the model. http://bit.ly/1aUmpS0 or here: http://bit.ly/15NLuxq
-Create Thread by creating the New Photo Album on Facebook Group ( Create only 1 photo album YourName_CGRecord_CH1)
-Add WIP images as you progress with works on created Photo Album on Facebook Group.
-Submit the final image before 13th September 2013 24h GMT+7
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-06-15, 22:31:36
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No comments? I remember some time ago there was a similar action here but it ended with no response.

2013-06-16, 16:59:41
Reply #2

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
ArchViz is not my beach. (This expression has no logic in any other language than portuguese). lol.

It just means that ArchViz is not my business. But maybe i will give it a try. There´s nothing to loose ! :)

Thanks for the advise Maru ! :) Are you in ?

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-06-16, 18:24:54
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
in english the beach would be "cup of tea" ;)

but sure, somebody go win it with corona! I will provide him with free corona licence if he does it in Corona :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-16, 19:04:22
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
ArchViz is not my beach. (This expression has no logic in any other language than portuguese). lol.

It just means that ArchViz is not my business. But maybe i will give it a try. There´s nothing to loose ! :)

Thanks for the advise Maru ! :) Are you in ?

In Polish we say "it's not my element". (element like fire, water, etc).

Yeah, there's nothing to lose. You don't even have to finish it. But I'm sure it's a good way to publicize Corona.

Quote from: Keymaster
]but sure, somebody go win it with corona! I will provide him with free corona licence if he does it in Corona :D
Now that's motivation!

2013-06-16, 19:11:57
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Actually I decided never to compete again after I wasted lot of money and time last summer on Ronen's Berlin comp :- D But atleast I got cool trip...but they had really worthy price.

This competition isn't really much prestigious, and timeline is too long, but I like the house, and will give it 3-4 days to test out some new trees and how Corona handles that :- ) (Seems pretty well from Deadclown's thread!)

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-06-17, 22:34:10
Reply #6

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2013-06-17, 22:38:42 by jjaz82 »

2013-06-17, 23:01:49
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
you ought to set it public, I get only "This content is currently unavailable"
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-18, 08:27:08
Reply #8

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i don't know how set public my album because it's in a cgrecord group and I'm not allowed to change the sharing options.
I think the only way is to register the group so you have free access to all galleries

2013-06-18, 10:34:59
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You can share the image directly, not through upper web link but instead click on the image, "copy image location", you can also put it in [img] then here. Atleast I think it should work
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-06-18, 10:42:05
Reply #10

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes but if i do this I risk being disqualified, there is a point of regulation that says:

-Do not publish the work during the Challenge outside the dedicated facebook group before the competition ends and winners are announced, however you are encouraged to share your album links during the competition.