Author Topic: New VFB skinning  (Read 18621 times)

2014-06-19, 15:36:23
Reply #15

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maybe another shortage in VFB is render history with an comparison tool (like nuke) to see differences between current render and previous renders .

Looks almost exactly like the MODO render window. Not a bad thing though.

2014-06-19, 15:41:39
Reply #16

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Captain Obvious: yep, people love suggesting clones ;). I dont count anymore how many times I've gotten the vray composite material screenshot with vray logo swapped with corona as a feature request :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-19, 15:50:33
Reply #17

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is my look mock up

EDIT: didn't refresh to see the no new features comment sorry :)
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-06-19, 16:37:18
Reply #18

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
i think Modo render window is the best until now . also there is a lot of things in Modo (even in Corona) which are similar to other softwares .
EDIT : for example , channels dropdown in Corona VFB is exactly like vRay VFB .
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19, 16:45:18 by vrMan »

2014-06-19, 16:53:43
Reply #19

protocol

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, why not making the tool tabs (and others features, like history and so on) detachable ?
this could be very handy for mutli monitors.

Cheers

2014-06-19, 17:20:41
Reply #20

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Actually in older 3dsmax versions there was exactly the same window directly in max VFB, but they decided to remove it for some reason. It was the reason why I did own VFB in the first place.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-19, 17:40:55
Reply #21

mirokurcik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just one, not important, thing: Passes total is such a "basic" unit in Corona, it would be possible to have the window title, as well as zoom?
or as a large number, somewhere.

2014-06-19, 19:06:24
Reply #22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If it's the latest in Jun 18 2014 21:45:36, then VFB ui looks really bad when using "light" ui in 3ds max (2014). There are dark borders everywhere. On the other hand, I'm not sure if anyone but me uses the light interface any more. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-06-19, 19:41:30
Reply #23

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If it's the latest in Jun 18 2014 21:45:36, then VFB ui looks really bad when using "light" ui in 3ds max (2014). There are dark borders everywhere. On the other hand, I'm not sure if anyone but me uses the light interface any more. :)

That's a bug. New VFB UI look won't derive background color from 3ds Max UI anymore.

2014-06-20, 01:20:16
Reply #24

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net

Actually in older 3dsmax versions there was exactly the same window directly in max VFB, but they decided to remove it for some reason. It was the reason why I did own VFB in the first place.
you did a good job , i think this is very important thing for any render engine . also with VFB you will have a same UI for all 3d softwares. the only problem is Corona UI looks very similar to 3dsmax style and 3dsmax style is too old .
« Last Edit: 2014-06-20, 01:23:48 by vrMan »

2014-06-20, 23:34:27
Reply #25

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hmmm I like the new icons, yet I would rather condense/make them smaller and remove text from them replacing it with some tooltips like those found in the main ui .
The reason I would do that:

for one - new icons themselves are quite self explanatory and imho constant text explanation is not that necessary.

for two - that would keep interface nice, less cluttered and more modern looking cause the text due to it's length and unavoidable font variations "jumps" quite dramatically and that' not too good or modern looking I think.

for three - well that would free some now extinct space for future features such as, render history button, some render history A/B slider comparison button, render region button :), some render selected object only mode/render mask (hope that's planned) button  and maybe some Lut loading, adjustment curves, etc buttons, plus maybe even dump vfb/resume buttons which would be welcome there too

And I would probably try to do those buttons flat and icons of some dimmer color (or somewhat shadowed) changing their color value to brighter/more colorful only then pressed or then mouse hovers over them for sleekness and stylishness reasons :)

Hope that helps somehow :)

2014-06-21, 01:17:29
Reply #26

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I like the new skinning, but like you said button must change for something more "curved" like in modo.

2014-06-21, 11:04:42
Reply #27

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
In  Jun 21 2014 00:12:53 there are still black borders around buttons in light ui (but there was no info about fixing it, right?).
I think the icons on the buttons could be a little smaller (no touching button borders).
And maybe it is not a bad idea to somehow highlight the categories (time/scene etc), for example with colours or bolding.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-06-21, 11:39:23
Reply #28

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Still not finished. Icons will be replaced, hover effect will be fixed, and UI color won't be derived from Max UI scheme anymore.

2014-06-21, 11:45:52
Reply #29

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Still not finished. Icons will be replaced, hover effect will be fixed, and UI color won't be derived from Max UI scheme anymore.

Oh crap, i recorded video, uploaded it to YT, and was ready to start my complaint about buttons highlighting inconsistency... just to find that? Arrrgh! :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures