Author Topic: CShading_Shadows in post-production  (Read 4283 times)

2017-11-13, 13:37:00

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
This could be a stupid question but..how can I use this element to add shadows to the beauty pass? I have to substitute the backplate and shadows on the ground would be gone (I have a plane with shadowcatcher addes) if I don't add them.
I'm using Photoshop.

Thank you for your help :)

2017-11-14, 15:37:13
Reply #1

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com

2017-11-14, 16:00:24
Reply #2

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You would use "subtract" blend option in Photoshop to amplify shadows. I would suggest working in 32-bit to get the most accurate response.

2017-11-17, 02:19:34
Reply #3

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/render_elements:
"Shows the shadows (energy subtracted from the image due to shadow ray occlusion). This is the complement to the beauty pass, showing white where there are black shadows. If this pass is linearly added to the beauty pass, it negates the visible shadows. Note that currently the shadows from environment lighting are always shown, resulting in a washed-out pass in typical interior renders."

2017-11-18, 01:19:32
Reply #4

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
You would use "subtract" blend option in Photoshop to amplify shadows. I would suggest working in 32-bit to get the most accurate response.

Thank you, I found out how to do it with your help!

2017-11-18, 01:20:54
Reply #5

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/render_elements:
"Shows the shadows (energy subtracted from the image due to shadow ray occlusion). This is the complement to the beauty pass, showing white where there are black shadows. If this pass is linearly added to the beauty pass, it negates the visible shadows. Note that currently the shadows from environment lighting are always shown, resulting in a washed-out pass in typical interior renders."

I read this but I was trying to add shadows to the render.

2018-12-06, 13:19:28
Reply #6

mathos

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you, I found out how to do it with your help!

Hi - how did  you solve this problem?