Author Topic: Golden reflection problem  (Read 8859 times)

2014-02-14, 11:12:20

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hello,

first of all I'm really greatful for this renderer. It's fantastic!

Second I have made an test rendering and there I found something interesting "effect" on the gold's reflection.
I thought I have to share this...And If somebody have a really good advice for the render setup to make faster renders with still high guality, I'll thankful for it.

I attached the BEAUTY pass and the render settings with material setting and the "original" VRay rendes too...
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-02-14, 11:25:11
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
1, There is no reason to have refraction level at 1, set it to 0.

2, Your diffuse color is too bright for metal. should be close to black

3, Your reflection color may need to be even more tinted for gold material.

4, Reason why your gold in Corona render looks very different to Vray one is that on Vray render, gold material inside of lamp has a lot lower reflection glossines. So try to set reflection glossines between 0.2-0.5. You have changed refraction glossiness which has no effect on reflection.

5, Do not ever upload tif files. They are way too large and do not show up. Upload JPGs. ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-02-14, 11:28:38 by Rawalanche »

2014-02-15, 13:17:43
Reply #2

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hello,

Thanks every advices about the material setup. I'll try it.

I converted those materials which I made in VRay , but in the Corona looks like really different and I must to fixing all setups.
But if the bright diffuse color working in VRay, than why not working correctly in the Corona ? I like to play the material setups, but I'm not sure about the correct values for the reflection, diffuse etc.... for examples:
The bump chanel was 1,0 in VRay, and in the Corona for the same resault I'd changed to 0,1 value. It should be the common for all values ?

_In another hand I got render of Corona, where after the material conversation the glass gone to be tinted glass without Abbey and where I'd used the "Abbey" setup is on, there the glass turned so green tinted...I knows in the Corona hasn't the Abbey setup...yet...

Sorry for every misunderstand, but the Corona is my second render what I tried, and I really like to learning and useing like a pro...It's a greatest render, what I every seen.

And thanx the info about uploads. May I finding somewhere in the forum the FAQs ?

Thank you !

2014-02-18, 16:16:18
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
so... I guess no bug here, you just need to get more practice with corona materials
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-18, 16:39:29
Reply #4

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
so... I guess no bug here, you just need to get more practice with corona materials

Hello,

yes, your right! That was the first impression of Corona, and I thought thats something bug.

Now I got browse the forum, and I find some good advice and setup, and Rawalanche gave me a good point to start the metal materials...
I'm useing the alphaV5, but in that I have changed some materials in this scene, and now the max all the time crash when I opening the material editor...No chance to setup back the mat's values :(  , maybe with the material converter I must to try cancelling the all slots in material editor...!?

Now I try to learning to make the real materials and shaders in Corona. This is important for me now, but I think I would like to get the daily release...maybe soon. This renderer put on the Corona for my workflow! :) There has a space and light in the space...uniquely.

But before that I have to make an material conversation for my new scene.

Cheers!