Author Topic: Lightmix  (Read 3166 times)

2017-03-24, 17:46:19

Pixelatedvertex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does lightmix currenly work?
I've added 2 meshlights to my scene, each one has a different light group. When I start the render, both lightmix groups appear in the lightmix panel, both light groups and a lightmix render output appear in the render outputs dropdown menu. But both lightgroup outputs remain black, the sliders and color pickers in the lightmix menu have no eefect on the lights, the Rest(unassigned) slider controlls both lights though.

Am I missing some step, that needs to be done to make this work?
Thanks in advance.

2017-03-26, 23:59:54
Reply #1

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Well lightmix did work, I can't see it working now though.  I will see what is going on.

2017-03-27, 07:53:01
Reply #2

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The attached works.

I just have to use large values to see any effect.  Uncertain if that was my issue earlier too.

Basically try setting the light to 0 if it turns black then it is working and you just need to turn up the output a lot to see the effect.

2017-03-27, 09:09:25
Reply #3

Pixelatedvertex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, your file works as expected, I'll have to take another look at mine.

2017-03-27, 10:34:26
Reply #4

Pixelatedvertex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, lightmix works in my scene as well now.
What I found is, that there can only be one LightMtl per object. If one object contains multiple pieces of geometry with different materials assigned to different lightGroups, I'll only get one lightmix tag par object.

2017-03-27, 22:13:52
Reply #5

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately that is a limitation with the lightmix.  It can only include whole objects in each lightmix group.