Author Topic: Multi/Sub-Object  (Read 794 times)

2022-02-04, 22:08:36

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, i got 3Dmodel from sketchup, In 3dmax it is multy/sub object. My question is , how can i apply different UVW Mapping for every ID.  Thanks for your help.

2022-02-04, 23:08:25
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Select the model, go to polygon sub-object selection mode, select all the polygons with first material ID and add UVW map modifier without exiting from sub-object selection mode - the mapping will be applied only to active selection. After that you can collapse the stack, or add edit poly modifier and repeat the process for next material ID.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-02-05, 18:58:03
Reply #2

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you romullus it helps. Accidentally I found little bit easier way to do it, inside Unwrap UVW there is Material IDs section, where is option to select all polygons with same ID, and than in UV editor i can do mapping,  THX anyway :)

2022-02-05, 19:14:03
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You didn't say you want to add unwrapping ;] As you already discovered, unwrap UVW lets you choose polygon selection based on various criterias, including material ID. There's no such options with UVW map modifier, so you need to make selection before mapping modifier.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures