Author Topic: Using materials from material library causes material preview to display incorre  (Read 728 times)

2021-10-22, 13:05:26

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So this happens only when I use materials from Corona library and the problem is that it produces correct result in viewport (with tiling set to 1) but material preview looks like mess. On the other hand, if I simply load same material and don't touch anything with tiling it looks correct in material preview but blurry mess in viewport and render. Also when I uncheck "Use real world scale" box (I never use real world scale) tiling goes to 0.0/zero because correct tiling would be something extremely low like 0.0003 but Max doesn't allow values lower than 0,001.

Again, this only happens when I load from material from Corona library. Is there a way to load material without real world scale turned on by default because I think that is causing problems.

EDIT2: Actually it is Corona Mix map that is cauing this, and when I create new mix map with same settings it produces correct results in preview and viewport so it must be some bug with library or whatever
« Last Edit: 2021-10-22, 15:15:15 by GraceKellyPerfect »

2021-10-22, 17:10:56
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If the texture is passed through some node like Corona Mix, it may cause issues in the viewport. This is known and should be fixable. At this point, unfortunately, we cannot offer any solution or workaround (it should only affect viewport though - not the material editor preview or rendering).

If you enable RWS - the material might look wrong in the material preview in the material editor. This is because the preview sphere is not using the RWS mode.

If you disable RWS - the materiel might look correct in the material preview in the material editor, but will most likely look wrong in the viewport and in the rendering.

I would suggest not using the material editor preview or viewport for previewing the detailed appearance of the material, and using interactive rendering for this instead. 
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us