Author Topic: Light mix  (Read 1805 times)

2017-02-12, 13:53:08

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, i have 3 suns in the scene , each for different camera, each sun have unique name, Csun001,002,003. Problem is that in Light mix each sun light from the same position, but they are different. I tried automatic setup for Light mix, also manual adding with light select, but suns are shineing only from one position. Any help? thx

2017-02-12, 16:15:05
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. In an early stage of the lightmixer, I too tested it with several Suns, and found like you some problems. When I reported it, I was told, that a Sun behaves different than an ordinary light (the Sun influences on the Corona Sky), and hence that the lightmix didn't support more Suns.

So this is kind of "expected behavior". A possible workaround (depending on the scene and your needs) could be to use several diectoinal lights instead.

Hope it helps.

2017-02-12, 18:48:56
Reply #2

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
THX PROH for the info. I also have a problem with light source placed in 3D model, light source is target light with .IES in it. When i run light mix and copy the working light with .IES it doesn´t work.....no light visible. I also try to change .IES but don t work. But when i copy the light as  an instance it works. i am curious what s wrong up there.

2017-02-13, 14:13:14
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure I understand the steps you followed. These steps worked for me:

- Create a Max Target Light, add an IES file to it, use the Setup Interactive LightMix button, render, all works
- Stop Interactive Rendering
- Clone the Target Light using Copy, move to a new location
- Use the Setup Interactive LightMix button
- Render, and both Target Lights show in the render, in the LightMix controls (with separate controls for each light) etc

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us