Author Topic: xREF  (Read 1489 times)

2016-09-21, 00:42:45

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, i am  working on project that consist of several files. 1.st main file is linked FBX file, to this main file i join xREF files. I have about 5 xref files, that consist of people, cars, vegetation, mobiliar ..., each in separate file, to reduce polygons in each file i use cproxy exporter, but when i link all xref files to my main file /FBX/ it runns so slow, sometimes it crashes. Am i doing something wrong? or how to work with big scenes , THX for reply and sorry for my english.

2016-09-21, 07:48:18
Reply #1

LUKEC3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i tnk  is no problem of Cproxy and Xref .. we work with main file and 5/6 xref with a lot of proxy for a very big scene and i've just finished one animation without problem. Usually i don't work with linked file, but for me is better at the end import file directly in max without link.

The main scene i'm working is with 41 milion polyg, and xref are about 100 - 200 mil polyg .. only i increased every workstation with 64 gb of ram.

You can merge step by step xref to check if there is some file corrupt, for example, if xref are loaded is fast ...

Other ... i don't tnk because we work with xref in a 90% of our scenes for years...

We use Max2014 and corona 1.3.