Author Topic: Cliff House WIP  (Read 4057 times)

2015-03-16, 14:10:23

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Hey guys, here is a view I've just started for overlooking a house set in a cliff. Where do you see room for improvement? Thanks so much for your eye!

2015-03-16, 14:26:18
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Hey guys, here is a view I've just started for overlooking a house set in a cliff. Where do you see room for improvement? Thanks so much for your eye!
The two girls further back seem to have a wrong scale. Too small I'd say, based on the not so big distance.
Also a teeny tiny bit to contrasty for my taste. I'm on a sRGB calibrated monitor. Now imagne your average TV or monitor with heavy extra contrast and sharpening post proccessing. It will look bad, especially fringing artifacts from the contrast combined with the sharpness. (just food for thought)
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2015-03-16, 15:02:39
Reply #2

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Great comments. Thank you!

2015-03-16, 16:13:10
Reply #3

LKEdesign

• Active Users
  • I'm addicted to Corona Render and I need NO cure.
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
Your light in scene doesn't correspond to the background.
Look how the bushes are lit, highlights are on top  and shadow on left. I your scene should match that the shadows from your objects should be be turned something like 70 - 80 degrees counterclockwise .

I am sure this will make a more balanced scene

/cheers
All the best,
LKE Design
See my work at: http://www.lkedesign.dk/en/portfolio_en.html

2015-03-16, 19:33:02
Reply #4

ylucic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Your light in scene doesn't correspond to the background.
Look how the bushes are lit, highlights are on top  and shadow on left. I your scene should match that the shadows from your objects should be be turned something like 70 - 80 degrees counterclockwise .

I am sure this will make a more balanced scene

/cheers

THIS..
shadows are very wrong :c

and if the view is important, you should put some more effort in the background...maybe add some haze, check of the white balance of the render matches the backgroud
Industrial Designer
SCL

2015-03-16, 22:47:09
Reply #5

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments.

2015-03-17, 03:56:59
Reply #6

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Here is another view in the living room. Any more helpful critiques? You guys are great!

2015-03-17, 09:08:11
Reply #7

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is another view in the living room. Any more helpful critiques? You guys are great!

Good Morning,

first thing i noticed is that the guy's reflection in the window should be mirrored!
And then you should check your hovering flower-pots, because none of them seem to be standing on the floor/ground if you look at their shadows ;-)
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2015-03-17, 14:14:41
Reply #8

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Ha ha I did see that one already... thanks for reminding me. Good points!

Attached is a another pass at the exterior. Your guys' comments really, really helped it I think.