Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088323 times)

2019-05-25, 23:45:10
Reply #1170

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
This looks very fishy. No names or imprint on the website (which also is only barely functional), no idea who this is or where they come from, this script is barely 2 weeks old and someone who just registered posts the link to it... and of course it is encrypted. Too much of a gamble for me.

[Edit] Turns out ChukA is the creator of this script.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-26, 00:28:45 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2019-05-28, 15:46:49
Reply #1171

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi DeadClown,

Regarding to Fstorm converter the super basics would be a big help.
Even if you don't convert values from Fstorm, just convert fsorm bitmap to max or corona bitmaps and reconnect the nodetree with corona nodes would save a lot of time.

Other topic.
I wrote a mass converter in maxscript, works fine, calling your conversion script. My only problem is that I don't have and want Vray installed under my working max.(I have an older 2018max only for converting assets).
Many times fragments of missing vray .ddl files remaining in the scene. I can use max scene converter, and some other script to remove them, but it would be a useful addition to your script to remove missing plugins.
I would do it myself but I'm still a beginner in coding.
What do you think about this?

As always, your efforts are really appreciated.

2019-05-28, 17:09:20
Reply #1172

ChukA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Did you have take a look to the previews page? i’ve shared a tools that convert not only materials but all scene from fstrom to corona or vray.
Some video are available. it keep all parameters uv tiles mirror normal map triplanar etc...
if you have any question don’t hesitate..

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/fs-scene-converter-fstorm

2019-05-28, 17:33:32
Reply #1173

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks, I saw it and I will definitely check your script.
Anyway it would be a nice thing if the official(is it?) converter would have an Fstorm option too, but only if it not keeps the devs away from much more important stuffs.

2019-05-28, 19:25:12
Reply #1174

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Regarding to Fstorm converter the super basics would be a big help.
Even if you don't convert values from Fstorm, just convert fsorm bitmap to max or corona bitmaps and reconnect the nodetree with corona nodes would save a lot of time.
Ok, this seems to be the general tendency. I am not a big fan of that idea but it seems that there isn't a better solution to this.

Other topic.
I wrote a mass converter in maxscript, works fine, calling your conversion script. My only problem is that I don't have and want Vray installed under my working max.(I have an older 2018max only for converting assets).
Many times fragments of missing vray .ddl files remaining in the scene. I can use max scene converter, and some other script to remove them, but it would be a useful addition to your script to remove missing plugins.
I would do it myself but I'm still a beginner in coding.
What do you think about this?
Removing missing plugins isn't a big deal in itself (at least if it's just maps and materials) but I don't really think that this should be part of a converter. I would rather prefer if people made the conscious decision to remove those (by clicking a separate script).

Anyway it would be a nice thing if the official(is it?) converter would have an Fstorm option too, but only if it not keeps the devs away from much more important stuffs.
Yes, it is the official script. However, I'm not part of the corona team, just a guy doing it for fun. Aaaand here we have the problem in the current situation: I'm currently not using corona (nor max most of the time, to be clear), so I have somewhat fallen behind and not kept track of the development of all the max renderers - and thus it's a bit difficult to schedule time for a script that I'm probably not going to use anymore myself in the foreseeable future. I'm still committed to fix any bugs that pop up and I'm trying to improve the situation for the users but right now I can't promise any features for the time being.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2019-06-25, 22:07:36
Reply #1175

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Feature request time!

Original report:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23023.0

Feature request:
One-click conversion of all 3ds Max Physical Cameras in scene to Corona Cameras.
(it would convert all photographic parameters, and positions of cameras and their targets)

Hi.
I wanted to check in about this. Any chance we'll have this any time soon?

2019-06-26, 10:02:58
Reply #1176

ChukA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i’ll take a look if you want...

2019-07-02, 15:22:29
Reply #1177

ChukA

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Encrypted but free...

Have fun

Updated... 3 messages down...
« Last Edit: 2019-07-02, 17:41:17 by ChukA »

2019-07-02, 16:18:49
Reply #1178

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks.
It doesn't seem to be working correctly though. It sends the target to a very high position:

2019-07-02, 16:20:20
Reply #1179

ChukA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
can you send to me the camera only ? contact@3dmaxscript.com

regards

2019-07-02, 17:40:42
Reply #1180

ChukA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corrected this is the new version...
Have Fun !

2019-07-02, 18:08:55
Reply #1181

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup. Working very well.
Thanks!

2019-08-07, 13:55:38
Reply #1182

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hey,

Could we have the Corona Converter updated so that the Bitmap > CB or CB > Bitmap buttons respect the "materials of selected objects" radio and other radios? In other words 99.9% of the time I want to have those buttons only work on the selected objects (typical when importing an object from vray library for example). It currently scans and converts the entire max scene file no matter what, which can take forever if it's a complex file.

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-11-21, 20:04:14
Reply #1183

Rendermonkey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, the converter told me to post this here...

Thank you for all efforts.

2019-11-27, 16:24:49
Reply #1184

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be nice if there was a way to get the converter to run on import/merge or possibly a button in the converter to import and automatically convert.