Author Topic: Getting squares on IR refresh  (Read 664 times)

2022-06-23, 17:02:08

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, see attached.
I'm getting these squares on the grass when IR refreshes. I need to stop and restart it in order to get a clean image.

Corona 8, 3Ds Max 2020

Thanks.

2022-06-24, 13:35:12
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is a known artifact related to our adaptive environment sampler. Generally, those squares should disappear rather quickly (after a few passes in IR), they should never appear in production rendering, and they should not lead to any problems.
Can you please confirm that this is an issue to you only because you find it visually distracting?

(Internal ID=485752445)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-06-24, 14:03:49
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a known artifact related to our adaptive environment sampler. Generally, those squares should disappear rather quickly (after a few passes in IR), they should never appear in production rendering, and they should not lead to any problems.
Can you please confirm that this is an issue to you only because you find it visually distracting?

(Internal ID=485752445)

Correct. I find it visually distracting and that it's hard to evaluate changes in real time when I have those squares there. I had IR limit to 5 passes. Increasing that makes it better.
As a feature request, it would be great if this didn't happen. We tend to work fast and 5 passes would be enough for us to evaluate changes.