Author Topic: Villa 3  (Read 2234 times)

2018-03-26, 13:33:11

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

I would need your advice to make the images even more real and special.

Thanks for your help.

C4D-Corona PS

Andrea

2018-03-29, 15:57:19
Reply #1

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
small project update ...

Andrea

2018-03-29, 17:40:18
Reply #2

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Hi Mutilo

First and foremost I am no pro myself I would just like to give some insight as to what I have learned in the past year or two

1. As a beginner it can be quite challenging getting a scenic background correctly, I zoomed into the projects as much as possible so that there is little edges on the side, which one can fill with a tree or two
2.The metal louver system does not look like metal at this stage - it just looks grey - there is excellent tutorials on corona Youtube channel that will show you metal texture , also with 1.7 there is good premade metal materials
3. Add corona round corner on practically everything even if it is just small amount
4. Vegetation - ensure you have translucency on all vegetation and have the sun shine from the back a bit , really brings out the translucent leaves and gives an overall more realistic feel.
5. Try a potplant or two , maybe at strategic places next to louver
6. The little go cart looks a bit random and in the way of incoming cars in the driveway, I like it, maybe just somewhere on the grass
7. Instead of having the car perfect under the shade having it maybe half way out of the scene , like it is driving to someplace , if correctly placed it will in effect still be covering that space
8. The paving material needs a lot of work, really concentrate on the bump and normals at this stage again it is just whitish
9. The little trees are also way to random , really think how someone would consider garden layout. Maybe bunch them up in a corner a bit with some white flowers for contrast, but as it is no one will really plant those Buccus in such random place on the grass
10. Opt for a 2/3 sun shadow , where you have 2 parts sunny and one part in shadows
11. Volumetrics can do wonders for a realistic hazy scene , also good tutorials on corona youtube
12. You can buy ready made scenes with excellent lighting from the boundary store , it contains awesome materials like glass and even vegetation. Copy those materials and use it. Delete everything in the scene paste your in scene in there and voila perfect light ( will work most of the times )
13. Siger shader has an awesome preset material library that can practically cover most basic scenes, they are even procedural so UV's wont even pose a problem
14. Go on architectural sites like Archdaily browse around until you find a similar looking design as your house and see how it was photographed, copy that 100 % in angle and light and in overall vegetation.
15. The most important advise I got from Tomorrow render firm .... REFERENCE, REFERENCE , REFERENCE.  with this render then where did your inspiration come from and if you say from your head and heart , as beginning artist that is a big mistake as we dont truly understand what beautiful is.

Remember I am a beginner myself and my portfolio not necessarily any better, but I try and implement the above and always  stay open to critique

Hope the above helps : )

2018-03-29, 18:17:02
Reply #3

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for the advice. I can not wait for them to test.
in fact with the material of the leaves I find myself in difficulty because there are no crown tutorials for c4d.
I too am a beginner and these renderings are just a side dish to the work I do, although I would like to put them first as work.
Thanks again.

Andrea