Author Topic: Script - PresetOnCams  (Read 17062 times)

2016-04-29, 13:50:27
Reply #15

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Noel

I guess yes. I try to work organized, that's way I use layers.
The advantage is that when you hide a layer it will be hided in the Vp as well. Which is not the case with Include/exclude.

2016-04-30, 03:50:29
Reply #16

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi Noel

I guess yes. I try to work organized, that's way I use layers.
The advantage is that when you hide a layer it will be hided in the Vp as well. Which is not the case with Include/exclude.
hmm.. I think the best solution is adding the option for selecting layers and checkbox to always hide in the VP when checked and only hide on rendering progress when unchecked, isn't it? what do you think?

2016-05-11, 12:33:09
Reply #17

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
attachments in the first post is updated, added "poor" text documentation.
fixed some bugs and
added some new feature: flashlight and hide in viewport.

2016-06-21, 11:37:16
Reply #18

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
grab the firstpost attachments, it is updated.
added some ability, bug fix, and new feature batchrendering.
more test from you guys will be really appreciated. thank you :)

2016-06-23, 12:16:38
Reply #19

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I just tried to run the latest version and i get this error every time
"--unknown propety: "isrendering" in <Interface:CoronaFp>"

presetoncams.rendernow.enabled = not (CoronaRenderer.CoronaFp.isrendering())

Also everytime i open a max file i get unknown system exception error message.

2016-06-23, 13:08:29
Reply #20

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the isRendering method is available only in daily builds
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-24, 08:55:12
Reply #21

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

I just tried to run the latest version and i get this error every time
"--unknown propety: "isrendering" in <Interface:CoronaFp>"

presetoncams.rendernow.enabled = not (CoronaRenderer.CoronaFp.isrendering())

Also everytime i open a max file i get unknown system exception error message.

2016-06-24, 10:13:15
Reply #22

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Working fine for me now. Very useful tool! thanks very much

if we use this for hiding suns so that we can have different lighting for each camera, does anyone know an easy way of switching environment maps as well based on the cameras?

2016-06-24, 11:43:39
Reply #23

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
thanx Ondra :)
Working fine for me now. Very useful tool! thanks very much

if we use this for hiding suns so that we can have different lighting for each camera, does anyone know an easy way of switching environment maps as well based on the cameras?
hi darc theo,
my last post doesn't contains any of my typed words, sorry the internet still isn't stable here, it makes me keep always press F5 when browsing..
here it is the little updates list of the last updated v0.211:
-non corona pre-1.5 build user should now be able to use this script.
-added resume render in right-click on render button, “resume last render” and “resume from file”
-a little change on GUI, batchrender now is a button
-added prevention when duplicated renderoutput file found

about scene environment, it is already planned. i will reach it right after when i have enough free time :) btw, thanx for the suggestion.

2016-07-07, 11:20:35
Reply #24

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Noel,

Awesome that you will be adding environment map to this when you have the time.

Just a small thing I have noticed. When switching between my cameras in the list, although the resolutions change the ratio number does not update unless you click to change it. it does render at the correct ratio it just displays the wrong ratio in the UI. The ratio also unlocks itself when swapping between cameras. I guess it needs to when changing the resolution to begin with but it doesnt relock to that cameras ratio, so if you change resolution have to make sure its locked each time. only small annoyance i know, sorry.

Also when using interactive the ratio doesnt update unfortunately when switching cameras, would you be able to add this?

thanks again.

2016-07-08, 09:18:33
Reply #25

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Hi Noel,

Just a small thing I have noticed. When switching between my cameras in the list, although the resolutions change the ratio number does not update unless you click to change it. it does render at the correct ratio it just displays the wrong ratio in the UI. The ratio also unlocks itself when swapping between cameras. I guess it needs to when changing the resolution to begin with but it doesnt relock to that cameras ratio, so if you change resolution have to make sure its locked each time. only small annoyance i know, sorry.

Also when using interactive the ratio doesnt update unfortunately when switching cameras, would you be able to add this?

thanks again.
Hi, Nice to hear some feedback here.. :)
I'm still in vacations now and i don't remember the every features details so correct me if i'm wrong
1.you need to check the checkbutton named "check in VP" (positioned below the height spinner) to see the correct ratio in viewport. You will see ratio is changed when switch from one to another cameras.
2.the ratio unlock it self when switch between cameras. That is incorrect behaviour, i will fix it.
3. when using interactive the ratio doesnt update ,if you mean is interactive-rendering then .. I just can say that it is too tricky for me, in other means is i have alredy tried it but didnt work as well. The easiest way to do this is do the point 1 above before/when IR and adjust the width/height if you just need to see the ratio. But the other settings for the example max ray depth still stick to the scene's rendersetup and to make it stick to the presetoncams setting.. Thats what i meant about the tricky point:)

2016-07-08, 19:41:34
Reply #26

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Noel,

thanks again.
Hi, Nice to hear some feedback here.. :)
I'm still in vacations now and i don't remember the every features details so correct me if i'm wrong
1.you need to check the checkbutton named "check in VP" (positioned below the height spinner) to see the correct ratio in viewport. You will see ratio is changed when switch from one to another cameras.
2.the ratio unlock it self when switch between cameras. That is incorrect behaviour, i will fix it.
3. when using interactive the ratio doesnt update ,if you mean is interactive-rendering then .. I just can say that it is too tricky for me, in other means is i have alredy tried it but didnt work as well. The easiest way to do this is do the point 1 above before/when IR and adjust the width/height if you just need to see the ratio. But the other settings for the example max ray depth still stick to the scene's rendersetup and to make it stick to the presetoncams setting.. Thats what i meant about the tricky point:)

Yes, if you "check in VP" it updates the view port, i just meant the ratio number on the scripts UI. next to where it says check VP, that ratio number does not update when swapping between cameras unless you click the padlock. It still functions correctly but it just displays wrong, only minor but at first I kept thinking it wasnt changing my ratio.

shame about the interactive part but not a big issue really.

enjoy the rest of your vacation :)