Author Topic: Fast way to save materialm, especially layered  (Read 3575 times)

2016-11-01, 23:53:49

Mattiagiglio1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would love a feature to make easy the saving process. In Maxwell render for example there is the material export.
Especially for layered ( the old blend ) material it is a pain in the ass, or maybe it's me.
Is there a way to save layered material?
If not i would love to see this feature in the future.
thanks!

2016-11-07, 14:43:44
Reply #1

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes the blend material is a pain if you forget to copy over the base materials with it I agree here. I think this is a C4D limitation as vray has the same problem with 2 sided materials. Maybe if / when c4d gets blend like materials they will come up with a fix for that.

2017-11-08, 19:05:42
Reply #2

Josef

• Active Users
  • C4D User
    • View Profile
    • www.josefbsharah.net
This can be dealt with by adding your layered materials onto a null object, perhaps there is a way to that "internally" :D

2017-12-27, 08:52:05
Reply #3

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I don't think it's necessarily a C4D problem. Arnold or redshift can mix/layer materials inside the node editor.
It's basically just in the Xpresso editor and it could work with corona. I tried it but you don't have access to map slots, just colors or functions like mixing.
Making it possible to gain access to those would give us a rudimentary node editor until the final one is finished.

2017-12-27, 09:22:49
Reply #4

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Kind of makes me wonder when we will get the node material editor in C4D. Not from the Corona devs but the "official" deal from Maxon :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us