Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Corona Render Test M1 and M1 Max

(1/7) > >>

Chules:
The render results with the mac book pro M1 Max are worrying. I have been greatly disappointed. I don't know if the mac is not as powerful as we are told or that at the moment corona render is not optimized. Surprisingly other applications work amazingly on M1, much better than on Intel Mac. The cinema 4d itself on the M1 is a joy to use, much smoother than the latest intel i9 iMac. Do you know if work is being done to improve the corona performance in M1? Because I get the feeling that the M1 and M1 Max processor is very powerful, but that the crown does not take advantage of it. Thank you and greetings.

frv:
I work with a Mac Studio m1 128Gb.
I think the performance is what you expect from a 20 core CPU. The benchmarks equal those of PC's with the same amount (hyper)threads. I notice though that the kind of scene or model and how "smart" it is modeled makes a huge difference. That aplies to PC's as well I would say.
The Mac Studio with its fast read and write RAM and SSD is a joy to work with. I think if you want GPU performance on final high res renders you need a different set up.

maru:

--- Quote from: Chules on 2022-07-19, 17:36:00 ---The render results with the mac book pro M1 Max are worrying. I have been greatly disappointed. I don't know if the mac is not as powerful as we are told or that at the moment corona render is not optimized. Surprisingly other applications work amazingly on M1, much better than on Intel Mac. The cinema 4d itself on the M1 is a joy to use, much smoother than the latest intel i9 iMac. Do you know if work is being done to improve the corona performance in M1? Because I get the feeling that the M1 and M1 Max processor is very powerful, but that the crown does not take advantage of it. Thank you and greetings.

--- End quote ---

Do you have some specific test scene that could be rendered on various CPUs so that the results could be compared? What exact kinds of results do you find worrying?

Are you able to monitor the temperature and usage of your CPU? Is it showing 100% CPU usage during rendering?

bnji:
Hi, as Maru said, please provide us with your test scene files (including all necessary assets) and your hardware/software specs (OS version, CPU model, C4D version, Corona version, etc.).
You can include it here, or you can create a support ticket to include the files.
Please let us know the outcome.
Kind regards.

Philw:
Yep its not magic - a 10 core CPU is just a 10 core CPU. My perfomance to is what I would expect on my M1 Max - i.e. the same if I was on a non-Hyperthreaded 10 core PC.

I guess any optimisations will have to come from the Intel Embree raytracing kernels that everybody uses? (guess)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version