Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Support for Cinema's Node System

(1/3) > >>

Shawn Astrom:

Now that Cinema's NEW node system is fully developed and has become the standard way to build materials in Arnold, Vray and Redshift I'm just wondering / hoping, when will Corona support the NEW node system? Considering Corona's stellar C4D integration I would imagine that this is a high priority now that it is fully possible.

The currently implementation of nodes in Corona is great and very clever but I see this as the main drawback of using Corona in C4D since under the hood it is still using Cinema's legacy layer based shading system and I still find it very difficult and buggy to use. Particularly I have issues with the very old layer shader, it never seems to work correctly for me. Not to mention the way undo's are handled seems to not work that well either.

Seems that many of these issues could be solved by supporting the NEW node system that has been implemented across the entire application now. Just waiting for updated xpresso nodes I suppose or maybe they will start to intergrade xpresso functionality inside of Scene Nodes.

Anyhow, would love to know if there will be any developments in this area of Corona for C4D. Either way Corona is still the best looking renderer on the market IMO.

burnin:
All good points, since these also seem to be ones that keep CoronaForC4D from utilizing its full potential.
+1

Cinemike:
I am not sure the native node editor could do that:

Shawn Astrom:

Arnold does this just fine using the reference node. I'm sure this would be possible for the Corona developers to implement under the NEW node system. Seems like pretty basic functionality, although for me I don't really like my materials sharing the same data.

burnin:
Yup, only when one needs to, then it simply "points" or "refers" to that data. ;)
Still, depends on how well all this is documented and open for 3rd parties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version