Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.7 for 3ds Max released!  (Read 30237 times)

2017-10-26, 18:21:41
Reply #60

redlad

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have an older version of Corona installed along with the newer 1.7 release? In the same version of Max.

Thanks!

2017-10-26, 19:32:25
Reply #61

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

2017-10-26, 19:33:58
Reply #62

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have an older version of Corona installed along with the newer 1.7 release? In the same version of Max.

Thanks!
Not possible in the same Max session because of the Max <> plugin architecture.

2017-10-27, 13:38:30
Reply #63

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DR seems to be broken in final release of 1.7, worked fine in RC10 and earlier release candidates - now it just goes round in a loop without ever joining the render...

DrLog attached

Edit - Rolled back to RC10 and DR is working fine. Anyone else having DR issues with 1.7 final release?
Can you gather all DR logs - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065
And then contact us using https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

I should be able to reinstall 1.7 final release early next week, until then I'll have to stay on RC10 as I have deadlines looming. Happy to supply the logs once I get back to having the DR issue. I only grabbed the DrLog this time around

DR now working as before, I had to remove all traces of Corona and perform a fresh install of 1.7 on the main workstation and all nodes but DR is back

2017-10-28, 04:26:12
Reply #64

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder what`s the experience of everyone with corona 1.7 in regards of the speed?.., i found a video on youtube where someone renders the same scene in corona 1.6 HF3 and 1.7 and in 1.6 HF3 is faster, here is the video:

2017-10-28, 09:38:30
Reply #65

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I wonder what`s the experience of everyone with corona 1.7 in regards of the speed?.., i found a video on youtube where someone renders the same scene in corona 1.6 HF3 and 1.7 and in 1.6 HF3 is faster, here is the video:
There was a long discussion to this video on FB, but I can't find it now. Tom should be able to find it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-28, 15:45:17
Reply #66

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That was in the Corona Render group, you'll need to be a member to see the post I believe - https://www.facebook.com/groups/183831411996004/permalink/493796174332858/

The main points about speed are:

- Speed comparisons in the blog are given against 1.6.1 rather than 1.6.3, since 1.6.3 has the DMC sampler in it (which will benefit you in cases like single HDRI for lighting, etc). The blog posting calls this out because of course not everyone is already on 1.6.3 (or 1.6 at all) so it remains a relevant speed up for some users!

- Noise level now means something different than it used to mean. So rendering in two versions to "5% noise" is not a straight comparison, as 5% noise is actually cleaner now than it used to be, but may take longer to reach. An exact comparison can't be done, but in general it seems like 7% noise would be roughly the same as what 5% noise was before, so you can set a higher noise limit and reach the same visual quality (in less time).

- Pass level is also not a good comparison, as it may take just as long (or longer) to render the same number of passes, but the 1.7 result will be cleaner. So, you can set less passes now and get the same visual quality (in less time)

- For that reason, the examples posted on the blog all used a set Time to render, to visually compare just how much the noise levels were different between 1.7 and the older version. Of course for those comparisons, we leave noise visible in the image so you can visually see the difference side by side.

- The optional light solver will only give benefits with two or more lights, and will give more benefits in certain situations, as listed in the blog.

- The other reason that the optional light solver is optional is that some machines with LOTS of cores don't seem to perform well with it. I know my dual Xeon with 32 logical processors (and an older Xeon at that) shows definite improvements, but some users with newer dual Xeons with twice the cores than my set up report no benefit, or maybe even a slowdown. Still under investigation!

- Of course, we welcome feedback on any other cases and situations too!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-28, 18:48:24
Reply #67

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys for the info.

2017-10-30, 11:44:58
Reply #68

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Quick question - in 1.7 have there been any fixes/improvements to DR, namely making it work when both max region + corona regions are being used together? (the out of region bug).
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-01-06, 20:59:17
Reply #70

Bahti

• Users
    • View Profile
how to install the library of materials in Corona render 1.7. Incompatible with Corona render is not installed[/font]