Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.7 Release Candidate 1 for 3ds Max out now!  (Read 37656 times)

2017-09-26, 11:04:55
Reply #45

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
Great:) i will test some scenes from Alpha6 (i'm stil using it) to compare how many changes and features now is possible:)
Thanks for hard work with new builds and releases! :)

2017-09-26, 11:27:45
Reply #46

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Sometimes during rendering or interactive, scrolling works up and down instead of zooming in and out.

same here.. testing the rc2 ... you need to click the "vfb image" to be able to zoom...i think its because the window is not FOCUSED on the image itself, but on the window... pls fix it...

Thanks for reporting this, guys. Which version of Windows are you using?

2017-09-26, 11:59:02
Reply #47

oncire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sometimes during rendering or interactive, scrolling works up and down instead of zooming in and out.

same here.. testing the rc2 ... you need to click the "vfb image" to be able to zoom...i think its because the window is not FOCUSED on the image itself, but on the window... pls fix it...

Thanks for reporting this, guys. Which version of Windows are you using?

windows 7, 3ds max 2014
also theres a bug in corona camera... while "automatic vertical tilt is on" moving the camera in any orthographic views will crash 3ds max

2017-09-26, 13:27:03
Reply #48

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
windows 7, 3ds max 2014
also theres a bug in corona camera... while "automatic vertical tilt is on" moving the camera in any orthographic views will crash 3ds max

Thank you, fixed.

2017-09-26, 14:07:28
Reply #49

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is the right place, but are there any plans for textures plugged into the Hair material to pick up the UV coordinates of the emitter object when using Max Hair&Fur? Right now it always renders as one solid color.

PS: Since I'm using Max 2018, which no longer has Mental Ray, I've plugged the Corona Hair Material in the "custom shader" slot of the H&F modifier. This seems to work except for the UV issue.

Also, could we have the option of having the emitter object render? Right now it automatically disappears.

2017-09-26, 14:22:18
Reply #50

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is the right place, but are there any plans for textures plugged into the Hair material to pick up the UV coordinates of the emitter object when using Max Hair&Fur? Right now it always renders as one solid color.

PS: Since I'm using Max 2018, which no longer has Mental Ray, I've plugged the Corona Hair Material in the "custom shader" slot of the H&F modifier. This seems to work except for the UV issue.

Also, could we have the option of having the emitter object render? Right now it automatically disappears.
AFAIK the mapping is broken on their side, we are planning to investigate it. Somebody told me vray supports it, we should be able to use the same fix.

The emitter object should be rendered in release candidates, we fixed that few builds ago
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-26, 14:36:23
Reply #51

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Somebody told me vray supports it, we should be able to use the same fix.

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-26, 15:21:16
Reply #52

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
AFAIK the mapping is broken on their side, we are planning to investigate it. Somebody told me vray supports it, we should be able to use the same fix.
The emitter object should be rendered in release candidates, we fixed that few builds ago

Yes, it works with V-Ray's native hair, which is why I was wondering about it. And, yes, you're right. The emitter renders. My mistake.

2017-09-27, 18:23:33
Reply #53

widenliu

• Users
    • View Profile
I just install 1.7 RC3 in 3Dmax 2018, why corona converter 1.38 can't use? and I try download 1.7 RC2, corona converter 1.37 also can't use