Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.7 Release Candidate 1 for 3ds Max out now!  (Read 37375 times)

2017-09-24, 11:10:43
Reply #30

erick3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have a little trouble....
In lightmix i can't adjust inensity,  the spinners are "not inside" the framebuffer. Hope i'm clear :)

2017-09-24, 11:46:37
Reply #31

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
What is the actual benefit to using the Corona Camera?  is it quicker?

So far I am finding the standard max physical camera features a little more usable and then applying the corona cam mod if i want to store the tone mapping/post settings etc.  or am I missing something??

the camera prevents some bugs of physicalcamera, and genrally has better UI, because it is tailored for corona. Why is physical camera better for you? we can improve corona cam behavior ;ú)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-24, 12:51:38
Reply #32

Avium

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be great to keep textures from Material library not on disk C only. I would like to use the other disks of my computer for textures. Is it possible for now?

2017-09-24, 14:48:04
Reply #33

Dan Rodgers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What is the actual benefit to using the Corona Camera?  is it quicker?

So far I am finding the standard max physical camera features a little more usable and then applying the corona cam mod if i want to store the tone mapping/post settings etc.  or am I missing something??

the camera prevents some bugs of physicalcamera, and genrally has better UI, because it is tailored for corona. Why is physical camera better for you? we can improve corona cam behavior ;ú)

Fair enough, I'll make sure I start using it.

The main things I prefer with Max's cam are, the 3 focus lines in the camera cone that are displayed for DOF showing where the DOF will fall off. 

And, the camera clipping display (red mesh/line in viewport) too.

both very small things, but make my workflow slightly quicker and better

2017-09-25, 09:28:16
Reply #34

timme

• Users
    • View Profile
I would like to try the corona matlib but i get an error. Saying it was saved with Max 17. Were are still running on max2014(v16).

2017-09-25, 11:26:43
Reply #35

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Hopefully this is not an oversight on my side but with 1.7 I cant seem to access Vray HDRi map
for use as my scene environment. It just does not give me the option. Please dont say I should
rather use Corona bitmap : )

Yes I also have Vray installed as I can choose that as the main renderer and use the Vray HDRI
as my environment , change back to corona renderer and then use it. This is just such a time waster

I have attached a screen grab showing the missing Vray rollout

Apologies if this has been addressed

2017-09-25, 12:29:55
Reply #36

martinsik

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I send you the scene file by the dropbox link.
Thanks, we will investigate this.

2017-09-25, 12:46:27
Reply #37

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
In lightmix i can't adjust inensity,  the spinners are "not inside" the framebuffer. Hope i'm clear :)

This is already fixed in our internal build which should be released as RC2 today. In the meantime as a workaround, you can shorten the light names. The problem here is with the "Boconcept Out Rigger Floor Lamp" name being too long and therefore stretching the UI.

It would be great to keep textures from Material library not on disk C only. I would like to use the other disks of my computer for textures. Is it possible for now?

Right now the only way to do this is to copy the material library contents elsewhere and crate a symbolic link from C:\Program Files\Corona\materials to the new location.

I would like to try the corona matlib but i get an error. Saying it was saved with Max 17. Were are still running on max2014(v16).

When was the last time you (re)installed Corona? We've made the library working with Max 2013+ for RC2. The RC2 is not released yet, but the material library file downloaded by the installer has already been updated. If you install RC1 now, MatLib should with Max 2014.

2017-09-25, 13:09:05
Reply #38

Avium

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sometimes during rendering or interactive, scrolling works up and down instead of zooming in and out.

2017-09-25, 18:28:36
Reply #39

timme

• Users
    • View Profile

This is already fixed in our internal build which should be released as RC2 today. In the meantime as a workaround, you can shorten the light names. The problem here is with the "Boconcept Out Rigger Floor Lamp" name being too long and therefore stretching the UI.

Right now the only way to do this is to copy the material library contents elsewhere and crate a symbolic link from C:\Program Files\Corona\materials to the new location.

When was the last time you (re)installed Corona? We've made the library working with Max 2013+ for RC2. The RC2 is not released yet, but the material library file downloaded by the installer has already been updated. If you install RC1 now, MatLib should with Max 2014.

Got it running with the latest dailybuild!

2017-09-26, 05:24:32
Reply #40

oncire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sometimes during rendering or interactive, scrolling works up and down instead of zooming in and out.

same here.. testing the rc2 ... you need to click the "vfb image" to be able to zoom...i think its because the window is not FOCUSED on the image itself, but on the window... pls fix it...

2017-09-26, 06:57:10
Reply #41

Dan Rodgers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Had a couple of issues with interactive not updating  when I moved the Corona Camera.  Seemed to only happen when moving in the z axis..  This was with RC 1 btw.

2017-09-26, 10:48:54
Reply #42

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
I want to test 1.7RC2 version but i don't have FairSaaS or Box license:( is possible to install it and use in some demo mode or trial?

2017-09-26, 10:57:44
Reply #43

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
For users with troubles with matlib installation or download - it can now be downloaded separately from https://installer.corona-renderer.com/3dsmax/1.7 RC2/MaterialLibrary
Once you have the exe, place it in the same directory as the main Corona installer, and then run the main installer.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-26, 11:01:41 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-09-26, 11:02:00
Reply #44

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I want to test 1.7RC2 version but i don't have FairSaaS or Box license:( is possible to install it and use in some demo mode or trial?

Yep, it should be possible to activate demo license for daily/RC build