Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.7 Release Candidate 1 for 3ds Max out now!  (Read 37587 times)

2017-09-21, 15:28:49
Reply #15

awa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found a bug in CoronaCam. When using vertical shift the field of view is changing.

/august

2017-09-21, 15:29:57
Reply #16

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
MAX 2016. I had Corona menu at the top of the bar, and everything worked like a charm.
Just before 10 min. I've installed RC 1.7 and Corona menu is missing, then I found it in Customise menu and put it back again, but then I got an empty box.
PS: I have noticed another strange thing. RC is installed but Corona showing the Daily from 15th.

It looks like your installation got somehow corrupted. The new build correctly identifies itself as RC1. Please try:

1. Uninstalling Corona
2. Removing manually all Corona files from 3ds max root folder and plugins subfolder (all our files have "corona" in their filename). It should be these files:
  a) Corona_maxHairFur.dll
  b) Corona_Release.dll
  c) CoronaLib_Release.dll
  d) CoronaOpenExr2-v140-x64-Release.dll
  e) wxmsw310u_vc_corona.dll
  f) plugins/Corona<version>.dll
  g) plugins/CoronaUtils<version>.dll
3. Removing the whole Corona folder in program files
4. Installing RC1 again

Anytime the Corona menu is screwed up, you can reinitialize it by deleting file %localappdata%\Autodesk\3dsMax\<version> - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\CoronaRendererMenus.ini

2017-09-21, 15:55:42
Reply #17

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
@Ryuu - actually you were right.
But how I end up with here when I didn't saw any occurring errors during the installation?
Anyway, thanks.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2017-09-21, 17:18:21
Reply #18

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
The last few installers (daily builds) and this one crash after instillation. Doesn't cause any problems, just a bit annoying. :)

2017-09-21, 19:14:20
Reply #19

Hris

• Users
    • View Profile
Well i see so many amazing features! I remember days when i was beta tester for first Corona builds - when Corona was in alpha 3,4,5,6,7 and next RC's :) Every new build was so big surprise! And development was so fast - every bug i commited was solved in next build! I see that development is still very fast and a lot new features are here :) I'm not a owner of license and can't check all this stuff, but every new Corona version is getting me closer to buy this soft...I'm using Alpha6 for my fun projects, and when i compare a list of features in Alpha6 and 1.7 it's soooo huge milestep in development. One of the fastest developed software i ever seen.
Congratulations to Render Legion nad all beta testers and all people using daily builds which are reporting bugs - Your works matter.

Greetings
Krzysztof

2017-09-21, 19:45:06
Reply #20

cebli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualisation & Animation
is there any easy way to install material library to render nodes. Now every render node downloads 385mb aditional installer data.

2017-09-21, 21:43:52
Reply #21

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the material library installation is pretty erratic, i have to install corona several times because the download of material just stops

2017-09-21, 22:50:42
Reply #22

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Maybe because a lot of people try to install the new RC today. Or you have problems with internet connection.
If you choose Custom installation, you can avoid to download, every time, the 385mb =)

2017-09-21, 23:08:37
Reply #23

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, but i want to install the material library, may be its a server overload, should wait some time thanks

2017-09-22, 00:46:26
Reply #24

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, but i want to install the material library, may be its a server overload, should wait some time thanks

I have the same problem
The solution only found this. "Build from 14.09 download the library of materials stably. All the following builds could not download the library."

2017-09-22, 12:53:25
Reply #25

Maxence Face

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Thanks again for this new release...

Unfortunately I notice much more flicking in my animation scene than the older version (with the same scene and the same parameters : 100 pass limit and full denoise :0,7  the 1.6 version present no flicking at all)
In comparison three exemple below, done with 1.7 version.
https://adobe.ly/2ffj4Za
https://adobe.ly/2fep2JU
https://adobe.ly/2wL1cfa

I hope you will fix this soon
« Last Edit: 2017-09-22, 13:13:22 by Maxence Face »

2017-09-22, 13:23:17
Reply #26

martinsik

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I notice much more flicking in my animation scene than the older version (with the same scene and the same parameters : 100 pass limit and full denoise :0,7  the 1.6 version present no flicking at all)

Could you please provide the scene (simplified if possible) where this problem occurs? It would help us a lot.
You can upload the scene via https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-22, 17:28:35
Reply #27

Maxence Face

• Users
    • View Profile
Could you please provide the scene (simplified if possible) where this problem occurs? It would help us a lot.

I send you the scene file by the dropbox link.
I still available, if required.

Hope this will help you !

Cheers

2017-09-23, 07:32:46
Reply #28

Sup_a10

• Users
    • View Profile
Too tired to wait version for Cinema 4D.

2017-09-24, 06:36:40
Reply #29

Dan Rodgers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What is the actual benefit to using the Corona Camera?  is it quicker?

So far I am finding the standard max physical camera features a little more usable and then applying the corona cam mod if i want to store the tone mapping/post settings etc.  or am I missing something??