Author Topic: Nice UI and idea of vr for rhino to look at it  (Read 17596 times)

2016-11-03, 07:20:19

William Yan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the new vray for rhino plugin seems good for people. I think we can learn something from it.

2016-11-03, 08:28:27
Reply #1

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Could you please elaborate a bit more on what can we learn from this?

2016-11-03, 08:39:24
Reply #2

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Could you please elaborate a bit more on what can we learn from this?

He probably likes the UI :)
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2016-11-03, 11:51:09
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
From the provided screenshots, me likes it too :] I wonder do they have plans to transfer parts of it to 3ds max?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-11-03, 13:07:18
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
aach, the age-old question - do we stay consistent with 3dsmax, or do we create something actually nice? ;) (for the mtl editor, VFB can be certainly improved)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-11-03, 16:00:40
Reply #5

moriah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As long as it is node based, and more customizable than 3dsmax's mtl editor, i would say yes. Keep in mind that 3dsmax slate editor is still one of the best (if not the best, even though it's barely updated and has quite some bugs) in all 3d apps.

Edit: UE4 material editor is quite powerful, so something along those lines would be amazing :)

2016-11-04, 21:03:08
Reply #6

jiminy-billy-bob

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From the provided screenshots, me likes it too :] I wonder do they have plans to transfer parts of it to 3ds max?
This UI is for now shared only by Vray for Rhino and Sketchup. But from what I've understood, they plan to bring it to other platform. I'm not sure about 3ds max.

2016-11-05, 02:26:30
Reply #7

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why not ask the opinion of the forum on the best UI to take plus inputs from some of the experts in corona rendering on their workflow
since workflow and UI are both interlinked to have an efficient and also nice UI.

Not sure if there is separate UI improvement section in the forum but this can be a dedicated one where users can contribute and share ideas what
they prefer and best UI they ever used (could be in any apps).

Ideally UI must be intuitive enough for an artist to do his work efficiently and naturally centered on the rendering engine itself inside the 3D software
that he is using that is also interlinked of what corona's features and capable of.

"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-11-07, 10:43:09
Reply #8

majid

• Users
    • View Profile
I only have two icons on Corona toolbar, am I missing something?
The 1st one includes rendering manipulations and the second is dedicated to material setting.

By the way there is plenty to do to benefit all Corona potentials inside Su such as:
LEM or another light sources are missing.
HDRi lighting or color as background.
Reflection map and refraction map would be great if added.
A resize-able material preview would be well appreciated.
Proxy option would be also great as Sketchup would go drastically slow when populated with several heavy models..

2016-11-15, 20:56:48
Reply #9

jiminy-billy-bob

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Besides Rhino and SketchUp, it looks like they also use this UI for the material editor in Vray for Revit :