Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

IR in 4k when?

(1/3) > >>

MartoStyle:
Please give us the opportunity to IR in higher resolution with some kind of menu.. resolution multiplier or the original resolution of max.

MartoStyle:
Or maby just add gpu rendering or hybrid thanks in advance!

TomG:
I don't fully understand the request here - do you mean when the final render is going to be 1920 HD, you want IR to still be 4K? Because if the final render is 4K (or above) you can already resize the IR to show the 4K (or above). That said, if the final render is NOT going to be 4K, why do you want a 4K IR, when you can always zoom in e.g. using the mouse wheel, or just resize the IR window? Or just set the final render to 4K while working so you have a 4K IR, and then change the final render size when time comes for a final render?

MartoStyle:
I want exactly when i start the IR  and scale the window maximum to reach 4k and when i leave the IR  to make some number of passes to save a final render. Im with 4k monitor and now the maximum is 3200px when scale the IR. Do some menu to write the resolution we want in IR  or just to get the resolution from max i think its not so complicated. We want this for years...

maru:

--- Quote from: MartoStyle on 2022-06-27, 09:00:34 ---leave the IR  to make some number of passes to save a final render

--- End quote ---

Please don't do it. Use interactive rendering for adjusting settings, objects, lights, materials, etc in real time and observing the changes live.
Use final rendering for final rendering.
Otherwise it is using the features contrary to their intended purpose.
Please note that even if we ignore the fact why each feature was developed and how, you will get some quality / render time differences between using IR and final rendering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version