Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Quixel bridge workflow for Corona

(1/3) > >>

lolec:
Hello, I'm new to megascans - bridge and I'm struggling to define a correct workflow to export. Found this thread by Mr Dubcat https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=12945.0
But it seems to be obsolete now.

Specifically talking about surfaces (Although the same happens to objects and their materials) , when I export to max I get strange settings that don't make a lot of sense.

The setup I get is:

Corona displacement modifier applied to the object ( I would rather control the displacement in the material node and not the corona displacement mod, but while the settings in the modifier seem correct, the settings in the material are not the same)
Displacement usually too big ( my Max Unit setup is Meters and Unit is CM, not sure what is the best to ensure bridges sets it up properly)
Bump map at 0
Tiling mode instead of real world: It would be nice to bring textures in with "real wolrd" scale activated at the right size so I don't have to guess every time.

I'm also worried, based on dubcat's thread that some material properties are not being imported properly.

My questions:

1. What is the right setting to use in max regarding Units etc so Bridge works as seamless as possible?
2. Is there an optimized or tweaked version of the brdige exporter that works better?

Thanks

sprayer:
Bump 0 it's a bug around 3 month, they can't fix it.
We can fix this by changing file in notepad
MegaScan Lib\support\plugins\max\4.12\MSLiveLink\MS_Importer.py

mat.mapamountBump = 0

to

mat.mapamountBump = 1

hldemi:

--- Quote from: sprayer on 2020-06-28, 15:04:11 ---Bump 0 it's a bug around 3 month, they can't fix it.

mat.mapamountBump = 0

to

mat.mapamountBump = 1

--- End quote ---

God damn, you just saved me over 100000 clicks in my future lifetime.  Big thanks,

maru:

--- Quote from: sprayer on 2020-06-28, 15:04:11 ---Bump 0 it's a bug around 3 month, they can't fix it.

mat.mapamountBump = 0

to

mat.mapamountBump = 1

--- End quote ---

Hmm, so they can't fix it, but it can be fixed by changing one digit in a single file?

lolec:
That is in fact a sad realization :(

Another one; the official stand regarding displacement is: Every render is different so we give users the "freedom" to tweak displacement manually to their subjective liking instead of taking the time to properly transform the settings.

I belive dubcat's method for correct displacement requires corona displacement mod, but I don't understand it well enough. So I modified that same file to add the displacement to the material instead of the modifier.

So far, modifying the script I fixed bump ( thanks sprayer ) and modified displacement to my liking, I still need to tweak displacement scale manually every time, working on understanding this further.

The one thing I haven't been able to fix or understand is how to handle mapping scale, as I'm not sure if all maps are the same size or how to get that information. e.g. Take maps that are 2x2 meters and set them to real world scale at 2m, but not sure if all maps are at world scale ow not :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version