Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 128952 times)

2017-02-24, 07:25:25
Reply #375

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile

- Shadow terminator
3 - hopefully. But it may come to a tough decision whether to release 1.6 without this fix, or push back release date because of it
imho I will choose to pushback release date :) as long as it doesn't meant to delay it for weeks :)

+10 on this. I'd rather wait a bit to have this in 1.6. When we switched to Corona, this was the one thing that kept popping up, the group was asking me how to fix "these weird jagged shadows".

Edit: I was very happy to see the render region changes. Nice!

2017-02-24, 11:43:05
Reply #376

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
So far these are things we have ready:

Impressing! Maybe next daily can be used in production again :)

Fixed incorrect characters sometimes appearing in autosave filenames

I hope besides mangling, the check for saved files is also fixed? Last week I deleted 180GB from a node with autosave limit 3/3 because I generally use tokens for the autosave filename(s) :}

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-02-24, 12:17:21
Reply #377

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Fixed incorrect characters sometimes appearing in autosave filenames

I hope besides mangling, the check for saved files is also fixed? Last week I deleted 180GB from a node with autosave limit 3/3 because I generally use tokens for the autosave filename(s) :}

what do you mean? Limit of files vs. filenames that change every time it is saved? that is unfortunately not generally solvable - there is no way to know if a file was created by expanding some % previously
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-02-24, 13:25:01
Reply #378

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yipp, one could say (if using varying %-tokens is officially suported) that "Number of images kept" in system settings just does not work ;] And it will fill every HD on earth after a period of time. I was really curious about how you would have solved this - damn :)

And yes, it´s not predictable the way it works currently. One (far from perfect) thing I could think of is to use some "reserved" suffix in the filename (+number as it is now) which get´s added by default. It could be parsed as already present autosave file regardless of the rest of the filename, but as consequence the autosave filelimit would affect every file group saved in a given directory.

But I would prefer this instead of having a directory like in the attachment (filelimit 3/3). And now that we get a %f directory (hooray! I wish we could use this in the standard max render output file/path), it even could make more sense like this when %f in the Corona autosave path will get default in future releases.

Good Luck

2017-02-24, 13:49:05
Reply #379

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
any attempt to solve this would be tradeoff between "extra files might remain on HDD" and "we might delete other shit by mistake", with the second one being obviously much worse, which is why i havent pursued this. The user experience could be improved, definitely... at least a warning saying that when you use %, then the limits may not work and you are on your own ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-02-24, 14:00:30
Reply #380

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
at least a warning

Yes, essential for the lawsuit, at least this! Btw. that node in question stopped to render because the HD was full, so it´s not as easy to decide what will be worse :]

I will just give up using changing strings - what a pitty, such a nice feature.

Good Luck

2017-02-24, 14:43:08
Reply #381

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
just target everything into one folder and have a script to delete it at midnight ;)

2017-02-24, 16:56:01
Reply #382

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Finally, after more than two months starving, new daily build is served! Looks delicious :] There was several bugfixes on triplanar map in january, but i can't anything mentioned about that in changelog. Does those fixes included in latest build?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-02-24, 17:05:19
Reply #383

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Glad the new daily build is out today and seems working really great, DR too.

Will test it more next week...

Only thing I noticed, the images, using the same parameters as the December build, now seem to have more light and the glass elements are brighter than before.
Also the overall colour temperature seems a bit different.

It would be nice to know what changes you guys did here. :)

Thanks as always for your effort.

Dionysios -

2017-02-24, 18:04:19
Reply #384

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
we improved sampling in few cases, that can make some scenes brighter because less intensity is clamped by MSI. Can you post images to check it?

2017-02-24, 19:02:51
Reply #385

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Last Daily build from 02/24///max2017

Same problem still exist in DR mode/

1.Slave's still downloading textures and proxy's  in DrData folder  even all assets situated on mapping network drive correct for all slaves/// (in Vray same scene rendering on distribute without problems with network path)
2.Proxy's disappear;s in VFB after several passes from DR slaves///
3.Don't sending Deadline job via Deadline submitter at all/ (With Vray same scene sending job okay without any problem)---max2017///deadline8/
4.Also in scenes with proxy slaves sending not correct number;s of passes///

So what fixes in DR was done in this Daily?:)
« Last Edit: 2017-02-24, 20:17:32 by denisgo22 »

2017-02-24, 19:45:27
Reply #386

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad the new daily build is out today and seems working really great, DR too.

And a lot of post processing stuff in this one, what's left, one more level of curves and chromatic aberration to completely get rid of Photoshop :)

2017-02-24, 20:32:57
Reply #387

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don’t use DR so i’ll not contribute in that regard.
I’ve been testing the new daily build 24.2.2017 in 3ds Max 2017. It’s not by any means an exhaustive testing since only two scenes were tested.

PROS:
1) Noise is somewhat cleaner (judge for yourself by the images below);
2) IR is more responsive and faster. That’s a BIG pro! I see on trello that IR subsampling will be implemented. What does this mean in practical terms? Will it translate to IR being even faster than what it is in the current state?

CONS:
1) Final render is slower. 69seconds vs 76 seconds;

REQUESTS:
1) In the VFB an on/off checkbox for the sharpen and the denoising would be nice. Like the ones that exist for the other postproduction tools.

2017-02-24, 20:36:22
Reply #388

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for the feedback. We will work on debuggin DR further, it just takes a lot of tries to get right across variety of networks, computers, 3dsmax version, OSes, ...

2017-02-25, 04:46:32
Reply #389

mirokurcik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
VFB 2017/2/24
Disabling Tone Mapping also disable Sharpening spinners, but sharpen effect is still there.