Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 132128 times)

2017-02-20, 12:51:05
Reply #360

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
I was converting an old vray scene to corona over the weekend and the lack of vignetting was very frustrating.

2017-02-21, 13:20:32
Reply #361

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation

The darkening of the top right is how it shouldn't look, the other one is made by rendering two different exposure values in corona and masking them together in photoshop

2017-02-21, 20:13:29
Reply #362

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design

It was brilliant release date 31 st. MARCH.I think we stay in 13 december version for a long long time :(
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2017-02-21, 20:54:06
Reply #363

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So you'd rather want rushed out release with many bugs, instead of waiting one more month for thoroughly tested build? :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-02-22, 12:18:08
Reply #364

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Long time no daily builds...

2017-02-22, 14:03:16
Reply #365

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Are features with interactive zooming and 2d interactive zooming is stunning and very comfortable....
it remains only to debug DR mode render, and for me--- new daily has become as production version for work////
eagerly looking forward to the release of new version :))

2017-02-22, 14:35:08
Reply #366

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I am currently merging new features and debugging. I was sick for 14 days and abroad for another week, so it is taking longer than I wanted. I am hoping for one build by the end of day with everything new we did. So far these are things we have ready:

Generally improved speed by using better random sampling
Reduced flickering of the stats VFB panel
Added image sharpening/blurring to postprocessing controls
Bloom&Glare is now always disabled on Corona DR slaves, slightly lowering memory/cpu usage
Added collapsible groups to WX vfb
Relative error statistic improvements
Relative error is now shown with 2 decimal places
Fixed incorrect characters sometimes appearing in autosave filenames, disabling them: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2433
Improved the way expanding variables in autosave works - now it is possible to use for example D:/autosave/%f/autosave.exe to save each scene autosave into different subfolder (with subfolders created automatically)
Vfb regions improved
scaled together with image instead of being removed on render start
saved in max scene
can be disabled and later re-enabled
Added linear exposure to Corona Output map
Added object space normal and object gradient modes to CoronaDataTex
Added tone mapping on/off checkbox to Corona VFB
Added on/off checkboxes to lightmix groups in VFB
Added lens distortion support (3ds Max physical camera) - both cubic and texture modes are supported
Added option to bake lightmix into the scene - TODO
DR bugfixes
fixed a bug preventing user from cancelling DR
fixed textures not working when rendering with backburner
fixed CPU load on slaves when no render is running
fixed rendering of black images on slaves when VFB region is used
fixed DR not being cancelled when render is stopped during GI precomputation
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-02-22, 14:52:38
Reply #367

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All great improvements! Didn't expect to see camera distortion added, very nice! Are improvements to the LayerMtl still planned?

Also, will there be fixes for these bugs?:
- Glossy reflections darkening (there was a thread were overriding visibility of lights/LightMtl objects would produce dark reflections in glossy reflecting materials)
- Physical Cam/CameraMod severely lag with IR rendering (this one drives me crazy...)
- Shadow terminator

Looking forward to the release, and take the time it needs, really. Thanks!

2017-02-22, 15:03:30
Reply #368

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank You Ondra, hope You are feeling much better now. Keep up the good work!

2017-02-22, 15:05:36
Reply #369

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
All great improvements! Didn't expect to see camera distortion added, very nice! Are improvements to the LayerMtl still planned?

Also, will there be fixes for these bugs?:
- Glossy reflections darkening (there was a thread were overriding visibility of lights/LightMtl objects would produce dark reflections in glossy reflecting materials)
- Physical Cam/CameraMod severely lag with IR rendering (this one drives me crazy...)
- Shadow terminator

Looking forward to the release, and take the time it needs, really. Thanks!
1 - not sure what this is now
2 - definitely
3 - hopefully. But it may come to a tough decision whether to release 1.6 without this fix, or push back release date because of it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-02-22, 15:14:09
Reply #370

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-02-23, 02:32:22
Reply #371

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hope you are feeling much better, any thoughts about the claim that Vray 3.5 is 7 times faster?  I feel it is over-marketing.

2017-02-23, 07:30:15
Reply #372

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I hope you're well ondra, stay healty.
btw, layeredmtl still sit there in trello for 1.6. and so does the corona standalone app :D
and a question, sorry, what is IR subsampling?

- Shadow terminator
3 - hopefully. But it may come to a tough decision whether to release 1.6 without this fix, or push back release date because of it
imho I will choose to pushback release date :) as long as it doesn't meant to delay it for weeks :)

2017-02-23, 10:41:35
Reply #373

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hope you are feeling much better, any thoughts about the claim that Vray 3.5 is 7 times faster?  I feel it is over-marketing.

"up to". it is the happy path where the scene matches what they were targeting. We had similar speedup when we introduced this feature in Corona 1.4, and we marketed it similarly, with disclaimer, that it affects only scenes with a lot of lights

2017-02-23, 21:07:10
Reply #374

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

"up to". it is the happy path where the scene matches what they were targeting. We had similar speedup when we introduced this feature in Corona 1.4, and we marketed it similarly, with disclaimer, that it affects only scenes with a lot of lights

I want to say something but I hope Vray users won't hate me, I used Vray for 10 years and switched to Corona after one night of testing, I actually tested Fstorm last night and I like it but I still prefer Corona, what I want to say is I watched the vray 3.5 webinar, I logged in 15 minutes late and the lady started saying :"we introduced new feature, it used to be you had to tweak this this and this setting, now you only have to tweak that and that and that setting, it is better now", I immediately switched off!!! so still we need to tweak several settings for anything!!!
I definitely appreciate Vray and I still love it, but honestly to get crystal clean non flickering result in animation you need to render all in Brute Force, Hollywood producers can afford it because they have 500 machine render farms, I can't because I don't have 400 millions for my small animation. I have 10 small machines. In Corona I can render an animation with 5 minutes a frame. it is up to me to make it sharper and add more time. In Vray the flickering doesn't go away unless you work really hard for it and render for 30 minutes to an hour a frame.