Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 132296 times)

2017-02-25, 11:16:22
Reply #390

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
  • Added lens distortion support (3ds Max physical camera) - both cubic and texture modes are supported

I was hoping that this will help to render fisheye lens distortions with Corona, but  physcam's cubic distortion looks very strabge and ugly, besides trying to render barrel distortion crops image circle unreasonably heavily. I tried to compensate this with area to render - crop mode, but it looks that Corona does not play well with crop and cubic distortion.

I'm hoping that one day Corona will has its own lens distortion modes in camera mod.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-02-25, 12:27:15
Reply #391

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
About sending missing textures for DR rendering///
I propose to making Simple checkbox in DR menu for using or not using this feature for user choice (same in vray), because now this downloading textures in any case, even with correct network sharing drive for all slaves, and may be causing problems with different Windows security options, for system folders as this C:/Users/local/Corona Render/DrData,/// especially in Windows 10
security////
May be to make this folder in /My Document/ folder by default to prevent this problems///
Also this much more slow down Start up and rendering process of slaves and network traffic///
For example:
My scene 790 mb/
my proxy's .cgeo files  10-50mb several files+high resolution textures. Any hit on button RENDER any time loading on slaves about 6 GB of data!!!!
With correct network path i need only 790 mb of my scene at all///
« Last Edit: 2017-02-25, 12:49:17 by denisgo22 »

2017-02-25, 15:09:57
Reply #392

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can pls anyone else confirm DoF working in 1.6 daylies? I have tried only one scene so I'm a bit confused...

2017-02-25, 20:55:32
Reply #393

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
@denisgo22 well I complained about that too (see https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13401.330.html post Reply #334) Juraj and my pal Flavius agreed on that but that's it no one else either noticed or use DR on the newer dailies hence didn't notice and even if Ryuu called that afaik (which of course may be not too far from truth) some posts later it still happens in both our cases and I surely don't want that feature to be left without some sort of an ON\OFF switch for even if we both did mess something up (which I somehow doubt) DR was behaving better previously - there were no such delays due to that additional asset sending etc not to mention the ssd\hdd cluttering.
 Anyway in case it's our network\corona\admin rights setup fault lets check our settings - I use win 10x64 ultimate, mapped network drives from my main pc so they appear the same D,E,F,G,H and the rest across all my 4 pcs, all those pc's have the same admin user and same password and all are in the same workgroup linked via uncontrolled 1gb switch - well nothing unusual and it works without any problems for years never missing any texture when using dr and without any need to set network paths or any such nonsense when I work. I run max as admin and run corona's DrServer as admin too and same for all pcs so there shouldn't be any issues with that either.

2017-02-26, 11:48:57
Reply #394

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
still rendering too many passes on slaves which means black images,
Thanks!

2017-02-26, 15:41:02
Reply #395

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
@romullus and everyone interested in decent looking barrel and fisheye distortions - custom texture distortion maps are a way to go if you want to get a decent and non pinhole like ones the cubic one produces - after studying this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-71FF38CD-07E4-419B-A8AF-69CE101182A0-htm.html and the provided sample I realized those distortion maps are in fact just a normal maps without the blue channel so it's not too hard to model a sphere representing the lens curvature, make a render from a 200 or more mm camera pointing straight at it like this http://c2n.me/3HTMABp + making a zdepth pass with min distance just before the front of the sphere and the far one at around the point your camera view cone intersects the sphere - this way you get some nice displacement texture out of it (btw I use this simple method for any quick and effortless displacement map extraction) after that you just need to convert that displacement map into a normal map using any of the normal map making software out there (I prefer Knald) and voila - after some rotation and contrast tweaking you get yourself a nice normal\distortion map which can make http://c2n.me/3HTNvbq distortions looking like 1 rather than the ugly 2 )) See the attached distortion map I made - to get the results similar to the one I posted, simply up it's contrast either in photoshop or by putting it through 2 ColorCorrection modifiers - 1st with a 100 contrast and the second one at around 55.
Anyway this method is of course not accurate in any way but you can make ANY kind of distortion maps this way, even some funky and totally unrealistic ones just be aware that those maps should have the same image aspect\proportions as the render resolution has - that particular one I made is made for 1.0, well 2000x2000 etc .

edit: To think of it - probably some simple displacement map made in photoshop by using some of the round, blurry brushes and using white color to paint over a black background will work just as well as the displacement map extraction method I mentioned above - well, anyway, the more the merrier ))
« Last Edit: 2017-02-26, 15:53:36 by antanas »

2017-02-27, 09:16:31
Reply #396

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been having trouble getting IR to work on heavy scenes with 1.5.2 (max just gets stuck in a loop where windows flutter but nothing happens) and I just installed the latest daily to see if there's any difference. I still get the exact same thing, but it's worse than before. In 1.5.2 I can usually get it to render (once) if I retry a few times, but now it just doesn't work, ever. Ondra said this would be fixed in 1.6, but is is supposed to be fixed in the latest daily?

2017-02-27, 13:21:54
Reply #397

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is something wrong in how Photoshop opens EXR in latest DB. No bug in PD player tho.

Photoshop CS6

UPD - It looks like layer with lightmixer and HDRI lightselect layer alphas are being broken.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2017-02-28, 03:51:07
Reply #398

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small Issue - 1.6 24/2 Build
The scroll bar in the VFB DR window doesnt work
so if you have lots of nodes, you cant scroll up and down.

2017-02-28, 03:52:28
Reply #399

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I am getting the old and reoccurring error in the latest 1.6 build.

At random, when rendering using DR, Corona ignores the Pass limit and the noise limit and keeps rendering. It also doesn't stop when using stop or cancel, it basically just locks up max, and keeps rendering until I force close max and kill it. 

Huge problem!  although I can save the file and save out from FB while rendering, I can't denoise!

this problem has happened at least 2-3 times before during the 1.5 development, and now it's back. 

Thanks release is looking amazing otherwise!

2017-02-28, 04:55:32
Reply #400

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Can pls anyone else confirm DoF working in 1.6 daylies? I have tried only one scene so I'm a bit confused...

I can confirm it's working, but.... it did not work the way I thought it should, I had force my values into something really odd and unnatural to get the effects I wanted.

Values could be a bit out of wack for sure.

2017-02-28, 05:01:42
Reply #401

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am getting same issue as SnakeBox

3dsmax2017 upto date, 1.6 24/2
Non DR mode works as expected

DR Mode
Ignores passlimit
pressing cancel / stop hard crashes max on real scenes
on test scenes (teapots) the render dialog never goes and you have to kill max.

2017-02-28, 11:47:16
Reply #402

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Im not sure if someone reported this already.

1. If you open IR, use the region tool and resize the VFB so that Region is no longer selected "IT" stays at the same position.
Image 3 and 2 show the result.

2. IR + 2D pan zoom + Spherical camera, could use some lock here. Image "1.jpg".

3. New sharpen feature creates some black halo, value set to 0,1. Notice the white veins and lights.

Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-02-28, 15:38:34
Reply #403

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This black halo isue is how sharpen works. Just reduse radius.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2017-02-28, 16:07:52
Reply #404

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I wonder why sharpen radius is set to 5 by default? Who would ever want to use such large radius? :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures